Anyone Using Their G100 Wireless?

Thread: Anyone Using Their G100 Wireless?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Anyone Using Their G100 Wireless?

I love my G100 - He had a difficult childhood, but has grown up to be a fine young man. The only problem is the ethernet cable that I'm always tripping over (due to the orientation of my work area). I'm thinking about installing a wireless router on the machine connected to the G100 via a ethernet cable.

The machine is driven by a dedicated laptop with only the software necessary for the CNC application. This laptop does have a wireless card installed. The laptop will always be within 10 feet of the machine.

Experiences? Comments?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Joe, have you had any luck with running it wireless? I'd love to attempt it myself.

(I'm hopelessly clumsy and manage to catch wires and yank on them all the time. Which is why I love the power chord on my Macbook Pro, which for those who aren't familiar with them, is held on magnetically, and releases if you accidently yank on it. It's like they were thinking of me when they designed the thing!)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anyone Using Their G100 Wireless?

I had done this on my laptop when I was first setting up the electrical box for my mill. It worked well enough at that stage jogging back and forth, testing I/O, and cutting air and such to get the drives tuned in. Never did try it cutting metal.

Regards,
    John

Downloads
    Uploads

I have run my Grex from the Internet! My machine was having issues, i have been to work 0n the other side of town and used the PC at work running mach3 to connect to my house and test my Grex, worked fine. you have to phone a human on the other end to press buttons and confirm movement, although i guess i could hook up an IP camera to do the viewing as well.

Point is that yes it works fine over wireless, be mindful that you are adding another point of failier and a big one at that. much cheaper and easyer to run a longer cable or get lessions on how not to trip over stuff.