Here good instructions, which i found few years ago.
1. Put the machine in MDI mode
2. Hit "Para/Diagn" button and find PWE. The "Para/diagn" button is right under the "Position" button. (para meaning parameter)Make sure your not in Diag, you need to be in Parameters.
3. You need to turn "PWE=1" I believe it's one page up once you hit para button to find PWE. You'll get an Alarm as soon at you turn PWE on, but it's ok.
4. Then change parameter 10 bit 4 to unprotect the 9000 series programs.
(note this bit could be in different place, its marked NE9)
5. While you have the programs unprotected, back them up!!!
6. Once the programs are unprotected , y have to make that toolchange programs and put in correct number. Y will find somewhere whas the prg number.
Program should be something like this (this is not correct, look from manuals)
G00G30X0.Y0.Z0. (tool change position)
tool arm rotate to grap tools
tool arm down
tool arm rotate
tool arm up
toolarm rotate to neutral
7. Put parameter 10.4 back to where it was and turn off the PWE