Newbie Multiple C-axis offsets?

Thread: Multiple C-axis offsets?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Multiple C-axis offsets?

I am using a Daewoo Puma 240M with live tooling and fanuc 21-i control, I have to machine 3 identical shapes spaced equally on the outside of a part. I have programmed it once and I am wondering how to do the other 2 shapes.
    I would like to use the C-axis (chuck) workshift to accomplish this.I would like to machine my first shape using g54 with the c axis offset set at 0, go home load g55 which has a c-axis offset of 120° Run the same code which has just been copied and pasted and then go home load g56 with a c offset of 240 and then run the code again. In the past i tried something similar and didn't have any luck. The machine did not take the C offset into consideration. I have done parts using this technique by offsetting the Z axis in g54 and g55 to be able to do 2 parts in a row and it worked fine. I know that if necessary i can just add 120° to each move in the program for the 2nd shape but there has got to be a better way.
    Any suggestions would be great.

Brad

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Have you tried using G50 to set your C position?

G28 H0
    G50 C0
    (run 1st shape)
    G28 H0
    G50 C120.
    (run 2nd shape)
    G28 H0
    G50 C240.
    (run 3rd shape)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Or, why dont you program the shape in a sub-program

and then call your 3 postions and just call the sub-program 3 times....

Save you the hassle of inputting the code 3 times over.....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

There are many different ways that you can approach this to make it better. I would personally use variables to track and adjust were the C-position is and keep adjusting and setting the G55 C-axis variable as you go until you cut all 3 pcs. This would also give you the ability to start at whatever piece that you wanted in case you have to ditch the program after you have already done 1 or 2 pcs.

However the easiest way to set it up for now would be to use as Dcoupar has stated by shifting the C-axis via G50 command. Or if you insist on using G54,G55,G56 for your 3 parts you could make your routine to cut the parts a sub program like ScoobRs said. Say your sub is program 1000 you then make your main program as follows.

O1234
    G54M98P1000
    G55M98P1000
    G56M98P1000
    M30

Stevo

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the help. I ended up using the G50, it worked perfectly.