Heidenhain g-code help

Thread: Heidenhain g-code help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Heidenhain g-code help

I am used to programming fanuc controllers and I have been asked to help out a friend with a heidenhain controller.
    Are there and differences in the g code i have to use?
    Any other advise or help/links is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hiedenhien uses m code not g. its basically similar and from a beginners point of view
    a lot eisier to manually program. if your using a cam system (i use dolphin) use the
    TNCnnn POST nnn being control number (tnc150/151 etc) these are fitted to interact
    mills ,try heidenhein web site for more
    m codes you need most are m3,4,5, spindle start cw- ccw- stop & m25 -spindle stop/z retract, cutter comp RR & RL right/left os.Rads are CC circle ctr CE circle end. cycl def button gives cann cycles.And thats about it the rest is simple co-ord programming.hope this helps
    mike

Downloads
    Uploads

Hmm, I didn't know that all my cnc's are bilingual

First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

You can change the machine/cnc control parameter to work in ISO/g-code

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Heidenhain to G-code

Heidenhain has the MOD key. Go there and cursor up till you find the plain language-or- ISO switch. Many g-codes are similar to fanuc and differ mainly when you get into the canned cycles.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default G Code Heidenhain

There is no reason why you could not program a Heidenhain control in ISO.
    G codes and M codes will work check webs site for Heidenhain control level for G code use. There are a few minor differences as to how Heidenhain language handles some info. All linear movements are defined with an L and X,Y & Z absolute or IX,IY & IZ for incremental, circles & rads are defined with CC for the centre start point (can be absolute X,Y or incremental IX, IY)
    and C for the circular move X, Y, etc. the DR cna be a + or - this indicates the direction of the arc. Heidenhain use an number of its own coversational type macros for pocketing, helixcal, drilling & tapping cycles these are quite simple and self explanatory.

Any reasonable programmer should have no problem in using Heidehain.

The lin below will help it has a wealth of info.

http://www.heidenhain.de/gb0.htm

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry,but I've worked with heidenhain more than two years and my opinion is that it's just waste of time to use this controller in ISO mode. It has very simple and powerfull conversational language (for milling applications) which makes programming much easier. I'm working with fanuc and heidenhain,every has it's own advantages and "black spots" but heidenhain excellent in it's conversational programming,once you understood it,will never forget,I swear I mean controllers series 355 and above..407,415... 426... worth to try...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by arkum
    I am used to programming fanuc controllers and I have been asked to help out a friend with a heidenhain controller.
    Are there and differences in the g code i have to use?
    Any other advise or help/links is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    Hi
    you can change any Heidenhain controller system from TNC 151 up to iTNC 530 to programming with G cod or HeidenhainPlane Language . its depends on what kind of control system that you ask to know . for example for TNC 155 its just needs to change the Machine parametr . but in TNC 426 its easy ,...just choos program selection typ ISO or Heidenhain .

OK Iam expert on Heidenhain p[lease let me know what exactly you want !

Regards !
    F.Sharifi

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi.

we are going to buy a cnc milling machine (kern) with a iTNC 530 control. We are currently using solidcam to writte cn programs and use cimmco software to transfer codes to our cnc leadwell 300 by serial port. We need to know if we can send directly cnc (iso) codes to iTNC530 control by this kind of serial port or we need to convert to heindenhain code. there is a better option you can tell us?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

In the parameters of the system you can change it over to G code

Downloads
    Uploads

This is Heihen code look like:

0 BEGIN PGM 12345678 MM
    1 L M09
    2 L M05
    3 TOOL CALL 03 Z S15000
    4 L M06
    5 L M03
    6 L X-51,000 Y+4,748 R0 F9999
    7 L Z-5,000
    8 L Z-13,320 R0 M08
    9 L Z-18,570 R0 F1500
    10 L X-51,181 Y+4,472 R0 F3000
    11 L X-51,341 Y+4,278 R0
    12 L X-51,509 Y+4,115 R0
    13 CR X-51,858 Y+3,875 R+1,774 DR- R0
    14 CR X-52,259 Y+3,736 R+1,448 DR- R0
    15 CR X-52,698 Y+3,728 R+1,315 DR- R0
    16 CR X-53,232 Y+3,925 R+1,450 DR- R0
    17 CR X-53,538 Y+4,157 R+1,859 DR- R0
    18 CR X-54,000 Y+4,748 R+2,454 DR- R0
    2005 CR X-68,438 Y+16,043 R+1,592 DR- R0
    2245 L X-34,194 Y+15,929 R0
    2246 CR X-34,177 Y+15,531 R+1,592 DR- R0
    2247 CR X-34,264 Y+15,087 R+2,005 DR- R0
    2248 L X-34,352 Y+14,851 R0
    2249 L X-34,500 Y+14,557 R0
    2250 L X-42,872 Y+0,055 R0
    2251 L Z-5,000 R0 F9999
    2252 L M09
    2253 L M05
    2254 STOP M30
    2255 END PGM 12345678 MM

Last edited by CNCRim; 06-12-2010 at 11:24 AM. Reason: program too long take too much space I just wanto truncate.
    The best way to learn is trial error.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dear Sir
    in the iTNC 530 the connection for RS232C and RG45 ( LAN ) is standard , with Cimmco Edit you can translate any Heidenhain to G code file ( go NC Function then find in this column the HEIDENHAIN/ISO Converter ) ,...

in this control you have go in manual mode press MOD key then choose the program input with ENTER key you can choose Heidenhain or ISO or Heidenhain/ISO

last things based on control software version and machine MD you can have or have note somthing , please change your data transfer with LAN cable and use TNCRemo its very easy to use and safe ,..and you dont need to tarnslate any program because control can accept and run any G code or Heidenhain if there are in memeory

let me know if you have any trouble iam expert on heidenhain
    F.Sharifi

Quote Originally Posted by yemoro View Post
    Hi.

we are going to buy a cnc milling machine (kern) with a iTNC 530 control. We are currently using solidcam to writte cn programs and use cimmco software to transfer codes to our cnc leadwell 300 by serial port. We need to know if we can send directly cnc (iso) codes to iTNC530 control by this kind of serial port or we need to convert to heindenhain code. there is a better option you can tell us?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

my 1st post and i really hate to hijack this thread.....

i have a customer(side job(s)) using a heidenhain 425.
    i'm in need of a post "Gpost". i'm using pro/nc.

i got mold splits, electrodes and paths to make and was hoping someone would/could share their post.

this guy was having a problem finding the iso mod switch to go to g code which would be my easy way out. the heidenhain post so far is giving me a headache and i haven't got the time.

thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Heidenhain g-code help

Hi Sharifi,
    I am new to this thread and this forum and also new to Bridgeport 720 Hidenhain 355.
    I bought this machine for my hobby use. I do 3D designing for hobby purpose of course and now want to mill parts.
    I bought this Bridgeport 720 for about $15,000 in almost OK condition.
    I did not receive any data transfer cable with it. I need to know the pin assignments and how to transfer G code.
    I bought it a couple of days ago, managed to set it and can manually jog it, change tool etc and run standard M codes but of course all manually. BUT I am unable to run a program as there were already some programs saved.
    Can you please help with all that, because with the manuals I am not getting any help especially regarding running a program.

Shumail

Downloads
    Uploads

Software: Download area - HEIDENHAIN

download TNCremo

use a null modem cable ( and if your pc has no serial port you will need a usb to serial adapter or plug in card )

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by F.Sharifi View Post
    Dear Sir
    in the iTNC 530 the connection for RS232C and RG45 ( LAN ) is standard , with Cimmco Edit you can translate any Heidenhain to G code file ( go NC Function then find in this column the HEIDENHAIN/ISO Converter ) ,...

in this control you have go in manual mode press MOD key then choose the program input with ENTER key you can choose Heidenhain or ISO or Heidenhain/ISO

last things based on control software version and machine MD you can have or have note somthing , please change your data transfer with LAN cable and use TNCRemo its very easy to use and safe ,..and you dont need to tarnslate any program because control can accept and run any G code or Heidenhain if there are in memeory

let me know if you have any trouble iam expert on heidenhain
    F.Sharifi
    Hi Mr. Sharifi.

I am from Pakistan. I bought this Bridgeport Interact 720 VMC with Heidenhain TNC355 installed. I had a rotary axis installed as well to have it used as the fourth axis. Its very old, the problem is, seller import these machines as scrap and recondition and resell. They don't provide any services on how to control.
    I am very comfortable with the M-Code (I learned it on my own, still learning), but it very time consuming. I want to transfer G-Codes from my computer to this machine, just don't know where to begin; which mode to select (ME, FE or EXT), how to send G code into machine etc. I use post processor of Heidenhain ISO in Solidworks HSM Express, I suppose it is right but don't know for sure, need your help.
    Machine operation manuals and support should come free with the VMC but were not, Internet has been my best buddy so far but it seems that now I've hit the wall and can't seem to progress.

I will really appreciate your help.

Regards,

Shumail

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a bridgeport series 2 interact 4 2500b controller all the post processors i have tried generate an error in the drilling cycle. Plus sign when it should be minus
    anyone one know how to fix this
    Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi i have heidenhainitnc 530 fermat mashin i have X Y Z A B W V (S) AXIES i have processor but work and use 4 axies any body know how can i find processor for it & build for POWERMILL SOLIDCAM OR GIBBS