Newbie Question-Fanuc vs Yasnac

Thread: Newbie Question-Fanuc vs Yasnac

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Newbie Question-Fanuc vs Yasnac

Hi

I have just recently started learning how to use CNC machines (all the machines im using are made by Haas) and have a rather basic question. What is the difference between Fanuc and Yasnac? All the reading I've done so far throws the terms Fanuc and Yasnac around without offering any explanation as to the difference. Ive done countless Google searches but I just cant seem to find a clear cut definition explaining the two. Also, just cause im curious, what do they stand for?

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

These are just 2 different control mfgs.
    Machine mfgs. decide what brand of control they will use on there machines for what ever reason, price, features, etc.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by James K View Post
    Hi

Also, just cause im curious, what do they stand for?

Thanks
    Fanuc

F######
    American
    No
    Understand
    Control

LOL

If you can ENVISION it I can make it

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

cnc-king... the "cnc-joker" maybe??

FANUC:
    Fujitsi Automated Numerical Unit Control

... and no, they're not part of Fujitsu and hasn't been since around '70 or something like that.... although Fujitsu Limited is still a major stock holder for them I believe...

and I believe YASNAC is:

YASkawa Numeric Automated Control

..... or something along those lines....

It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Being new to cnc machines the best thing you can do is just learn all the basic g and m codes, they are somewhat universal to all the machines(i know there are exceptions). once you have a decent knowledge of those you can operate almost any machine and its pretty easy to understand all variations out there.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

quote me if i am woring, but i think the major difference is g2 g3. fanuc is incremental from the center and yasnac is absolute from the origin.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc/Yasnac

The differences between Fanuc and Yasnac are so small.its hardly decernable.The cursor page keys are opposite,Yasnac has a cool G12/13 circle cycle,slightly different way of handling macrow variables and extra fixture offsets with j numbers(MX-2 and above).They also handle H and D different as on a Fanuc ,the H can have a corresponding radius,on a Yaz.you add 30(or any unused offset) to your present tool number,ie.T1-H1-D31.All the Japaneese controls ripped off GE.If you really want a twist,check out how similar a GE 1050 is to the Fadal control.....The only control I know of that used absolute arc centers was the Acramatic,and that will throw you for a loop.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JR1050 View Post
    The differences between Fanuc and Yasnac are so small.its hardly decernable.The cursor page keys are opposite,Yasnac has a cool G12/13 circle cycle,slightly different way of handling macrow variables and extra fixture offsets with j numbers(MX-2 and above).They also handle H and D different as on a Fanuc ,the H can have a corresponding radius,on a Yaz.you add 30(or any unused offset) to your present tool number,ie.T1-H1-D31.All the Japaneese controls ripped off GE.If you really want a twist,check out how similar a GE 1050 is to the Fadal control.....The only control I know of that used absolute arc centers was the Acramatic,and that will throw you for a loop.
    actually Fanuc was originally GE-Fanuc until fanuc bought the machine control division out from GE

If you can ENVISION it I can make it

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Umm... not exactly.

FANUC did not buy out the control division from GE. GE FANUC was developed as a joint venture between FANUC and General Electric which still exists today as a joint venture. FANUC is a "Japanese" control from the get go... although now, development exists in many countries at many levels so it really isn't even truly "Japanese" from a developement stand point..... it could be American, Asian, European... whatever.

It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....