Need Help! Point cloud to gcode

Thread: Point cloud to gcode

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Point cloud to gcode

I have point cloud from Zaxis and A-axis rotating 0-360 degrees. It is camshaft point cloud. If i make that to a gcode with a program i start adding for example first 0.2mm and then 0.4mm for rough grinding until i have 0. Resolution needs to be increased i think...
    Is.there something that i am missing? I need at least z tool offset.
    Suitable program could be helful as well.

Lähetetty minun E6653 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Point cloud to gcode

So basically my idea was to make a program that opens the text fe.
    Increases the resolution(adding more points between values),start adding rounds in specified value(example 0.2mm) until 0 is achieved (cloud points are -) or more if bulk shaft is wider.
    I want to copy the old one...ideas?

The math required to insert additional points between existing points would be complex for anything other than a circular cam lobe.

If it is circular you would need a minimum of three points to define the circle and the output of as many points as you want with simple geometry formulas. If I were to do this I would create a small macro in Excel (Spreadsheet) to compute the points and output a basic g-code file.

If the cam lobe is anything other than a circle I would recommend having a friend with a CAM system input the points and create a spline about them. From there they could create the points at the interval you require and output g-code.

Rob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I will try to probe it something like every 0.2-1 degrees.
    Then basic math for examble z-1,A0 and z-2,A1 so point between could calculated Z-1.5,A0.5.... These couple of rounds.. Just don't know what could be enough. Probe and stone are with large diameter so it flattens if something is abit off. If somebody have example how to make it curve or should it take 4points and... Maybe i should check with google again..
    I have program quite ready with b4j but nothing tested and other solutions are still untested. Only way to have this point cloud working with machcloud for example was to.convert A to Y axis 0-180-0.. I just try to find a solution for this. Any cam softwares that could handle this?

If you still need help with this........PM me and I will send you an email address to use to send me the point cloud data. I will plug it into my CAM system and see what I can do for you.

Rob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks but I think I got this sorted at least somehow for now.
    Can't get speed out of mach3 now. with A and Z axis... A axis is still moving too slow.