Text to G code question

Thread: Text to G code question

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Text to G code question

I have a 3 axis cnc mill that just loves dxf files and some g-coding. I have a dxf file with two words on it (Reel Attraction) . My mill only accepts one embedded font which is not acceptable because we are cutting through the material and we need a stencil font to make it work.. I have dxf files with a stencil text and when I loaded the file into my mill the stencil text defaults to the only font on the mill. So I need g-code for this text. I only need a g code that includes pockets and profiles. Using my mill I can fill in the blanks for tool off sets, z, cutting speed etc. I have never used a cam program . I have looked at many tutorials . Is there a way to bring in the dxf file only including outlines of the pockets and profiles in g code with out going through all of the normal cam processes such as defining all of these cuts? Would the program"Free Mill" pass the text file through the system without having to include all of the cut data?
    Cleve

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Text to G code question

Did You try to explode text. Acad should change it then to lines and arcs.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks very much for your reply. Have been unable to upload the dfx. text file (REEL ATTRACTION) to cam bam, error says there are tokens in the file? I guess you can't explode the file before it is uploaded? My PROTO TRAC
    DPM2 using dfx, files changes the stencil text to the only font in the mill to a non stencil test, So I guess I need G code. What is it about those tokens in file that cause the cam problems. Ive been working on this problem for days, driving me nuts, but going to figure it out with some help. Can the file be edited to fix the tokens? I am using Turbo cad 19 pro. The dxf.is ver. R14 I don't have R12. available. Hope this makes sense?
    Very much appreciate any suggestions.
    Cleve.

Downloads
    Uploads

Probably You'll be able to edit and explode text in some free DWG / DXF editor (a9cad freecad etc.)then You will have only lines and arcs that would be acceptable in any program.

Downloads
    Uploads

A number of programs for alphabet/numbers are freely available on net. These can be used as subprograms for writing anything in any size.