Need Help! Need some help using G51.1 code.

Thread: Need some help using G51.1 code.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need some help using G51.1 code.

Hello there. I am using cncsimulator application to simulate my G code programs. I am a student and they are mostly symmetrical images to be milled on a designated size work-piece. The newest assignment has got me in a bind. I am supposed to make a symmetric figure only half by using code and then I am supposed to mirror the other half using G51.1 code which I am completely unfamiliar with. My professor provided a sample code which follows this procedure but my simulator is not reading the G51.1 code and there is no mirroring taking place. I am a complete newbie in the field. Please help me.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need some help using G51.1 code.

I doubt that your simulation program understands the G51.1 code and as a result it won't be able to display what the machine is doing.It doesn't necessarily mean that your use of the code is wrong.If you have the code correct for one half of the object and you insert the G51.1 correctly and cancel the command correctly which probably requires a G50.1-as I expect your example does-it should produce viable code.I haven't used a mirror command in years,but used to when computers were a lot more basic and it was simpler to generate code for one half of a pair of objects and then mirror the program for the other.I did have a look at Machinery's handbook to see what the recommendation was but there was nothing specific and not all controls are the same.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by routalot View Post
    I doubt that your simulation program understands the G51.1 code and as a result it won't be able to display what the machine is doing.It doesn't necessarily mean that your use of the code is wrong.If you have the code correct for one half of the object and you insert the G51.1 correctly and cancel the command correctly which probably requires a G50.1-as I expect your example does-it should produce viable code.I haven't used a mirror command in years,but used to when computers were a lot more basic and it was simpler to generate code for one half of a pair of objects and then mirror the program for the other.I did have a look at Machinery's handbook to see what the recommendation was but there was nothing specific and not all controls are the same.
    Thanks for the reply.me too suspect that the program is not executing the line with 51.1 code. Do you know what simulator I should use instead of the current one ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Can't really help with that since almost all the simulations I have ever used have been within CAM programs.Which also made it easier to mirror the component and generate the toolpath for the mirror of the original.For other simulations I have used Camotics,which is a bit slow and might not recognise a G51.1.It won't cost you anything to experiment as its a free download.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by routalot View Post
    Can't really help with that since almost all the simulations I have ever used have been within CAM programs.Which also made it easier to mirror the component and generate the toolpath for the mirror of the original.For other simulations I have used Camotics,which is a bit slow and might not recognise a G51.1.It won't cost you anything to experiment as its a free download.
    Is there any other way which works same as mirroring g51.1 ?
    I already tried camotics. It says 51.1 is an invalid G-code.

Downloads
    Uploads

NcPlot reads G51.1. It's not free but has a free 15 day trial.
    https://www.ncplot.com/ncplotv2/ncplotv2.htm

Anyone who says "It only goes together one way" has no imagination.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks will be useful for some time atleast