Daewoo puma 12L fanuc ot drilling canned cycle

Thread: Daewoo puma 12L fanuc ot drilling canned cycle

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Daewoo puma 12L fanuc ot drilling canned cycle

The shop I work in has this turning center and no one has been able to figure out how to use or what drilling cycle to use as canned cycle for this machine. I would like to be able to use a G83 to get the chip out and the coolant in. The problem is when I type in G83 it appears on the monitor with all that's needed for that canned cycle but when I try to run it I get a alarm about unrecognized g code. It does work with g74 but not a good cycle for just running twist drills without thru coolant. We're not a big production shop mainly build specialized machines and small production runs. I wouldn't want to have to program Z +- everytime I need to drill holes, I can't believe this machine doesn't have a good drilling canned cycle. Any help is appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

If you have macros you can use this. You can adjust the pullout and return to be feed or rapid as needed.

#103=1.0 (FINAL DEPTH OF DRILL)

N12(5/64" DRILL)
    #101=.02 (1st peck amt.)
    #102=.04 (each peck amt.)
    S800M13 (rpm + coolant on)
    S1500
    T1212
    G1X.8Z-.02F.03
    X0

(PECKING CYCLE)
    WHILE[#101LT#103]DO1
    G1Z#101F.0008 (drill)
    G1Z-.02F.03 (pullout of part)
    G4X.5 (let cool)
    G1Z[#101-.01]F.03 (return into part .01 away)
    #101=#101+#102
    END1

G1Z-.02F.03
    G4X1.0
    X1.4
    T0
    S1000
    G4X.5
    S500
    G4X.5
    M0

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

cogsman1 - Good example.
    I have made film of work of this cycle. (attach)

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by uav; 08-27-2006 at 09:38 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

uav,

What is the name of the software you use to verify COSGMAN1 macro program? I have looking for it in a long time.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by burnin daylight
    The shop I work in has this turning center and no one has been able to figure out how to use or what drilling cycle to use as canned cycle for this machine. I would like to be able to use a G83 to get the chip out and the coolant in. The problem is when I type in G83 it appears on the monitor with all that's needed for that canned cycle but when I try to run it I get a alarm about unrecognized g code. It does work with g74 but not a good cycle for just running twist drills without thru coolant. We're not a big production shop mainly build specialized machines and small production runs. I wouldn't want to have to program Z +- everytime I need to drill holes, I can't believe this machine doesn't have a good drilling canned cycle. Any help is appreciated.

If you don't want to use a macro try this.

G97S750M3
    G28U0W0
    T404M8
    G0G40X0Z1.0
    Z.1
    G83Z-2.0R.1Q2000F.009(or Q.2)> peck amount in Z
    G80
    G40G0Z1.0
    G28U0W0

This depends on the year of the control. A Fanuc 10T from 1987 has Drilling Canned Cycles

Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by newtexas2006
    uav,

What is the name of the software you use to verify COSGMAN1 macro program? I have looking for it in a long time.
    I use NCManager.
    www.ncmanager.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by burnin daylight

BTW: you can use a sub-program as well M98P????L????

Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com