second/remote dro

Thread: second/remote dro

Downloads
    Uploads

Default second/remote dro

me again, i added a mini second screen to the cnc pc so i could see where it was from another viewpoint. so made a quick app display just for the DROs

run flashcut, switch on the dros and run this, it only queries the windows side again. however different graphics cards will handle it differently, it needs aero otherwise it'll coz flicker. this one is version 0,0 so just looking for feedback on it, i don't suggest using it for any serious stuff just testing for now.

https://github.com/charlie-x/fc_DRO/...ter/fc_DRO.exe

todo: faster, less reliance on aero , magnifier. etc. updates at 100ms at the moment. i can pull the numbers directly out of flashcut via the code, but it is more invasive than this is.

VC2015 runtime , visa or better, tested on 7

be a whooooleeee lot easier to do this if flashcut would give out me there remote dll,but i'll carry on regardless. it'll be annoying if there is a way to do this thats in the manual i haven't seen

works on my pc, but i ain't shipping my pc.

cheers.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: second/remote dro

ran it all day yesterday, worked fine, adding an option to make the numbers bigger and fill the mini screen.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looks very cool.

On another note seems that Flashcut has decided to no longer respond to support questions. I was wondering if you know how to increase the resolution of the tool path display? I cut small parts, less than 2", at this scale the lines don't all display and the ones that do show have no definition.

TIA

Downloads
    Uploads

yeah its been about 10 months since i heard anything, software hasn't been updated in a while either, tumbleweeds

internally it supports more places for the coord numbers but i haven't seen a way to display them inside flashcut, i have got a method for showing them on the remote, but i haven't made it solid yet.

next a jog controller.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If they would release the SDK at least there would be a possibility to make improvements...

I asked a while ago and they said maybe in a year or so. I thought the did give out the remote.dll...

update- I looked back in my email and I asked about the remote.dll and remoteloader.dll in 2014. I was told it did not exist for version 4 but they thought it would exist for version 5, which was due to be released at the end of 2014....

Downloads
    Uploads

yeah they did release it for an older version, you can see people talking about it in matlab forums. shame they never updated their docs/marketing to material to reflect the truth. at least you managed to get an answer, i got no response at all.

you can