flashcut pro spindle speed control with gs3 durapulse VFD

Thread: flashcut pro spindle speed control with gs3 durapulse VFD

Downloads
    Uploads

Default flashcut pro spindle speed control with gs3 durapulse VFD

I wanted to interface my flashcut pro to a GS3 DuraPulse drive to control my spindle, i couldn't find a way to do it with the pro box i have, seems like it needs another board inside, so i grabbed the RS485U from automation direct and connected it to my windows pc then spent a few hours figuring this out

i'm using FlashCut 4.5.24, it might work with other versions.

in variable output in flashcut config, switch on the Spindle RPM, add the values you want. and make it so it appears in the main screen. in the GS3 ( probably GS2 as well ) set the mode to RTU mode, and set P4.0 to 4 and P3.0 to 3 , which allows the drive to have frequency control and start /stop from modbus, the stop will still work on the keypad.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6hwm03q5o...aybe8Gx7a?dl=0

my spindle ratio is about 1.44 so its currently set for that, but i'll add a configure for it.

set the comport to the COM port for the RS485U, change the baud to 9600,n,8,2 and then hit Connect, you can then minimise the window and go back to flashcut, changing the RPM slider will alter the RPM and using the spindle on/off will turn the motor on and off.

x64 version only is uploaded, but i also have a X86(32 bit build too), i've been using it on Windows 7 and 10, i can make it run on older versions if requested, probably fine on Vista, but not XP.

need this too if you don't have it
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=48145

it is possible there are things borked, but it is pretty basic stuff, use at your peril

cheers

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: flashcut pro spindle speed control with gs3 durapulse VFD

added ratio to config, asks if you want to turn off the spindle if its running on exit. v0.2

Instructions
    Run FlashCut, switch on drive RPM options in Variable Output config (Main Screen / Show controls On Main Screen )
    Keep the default name as "Spindle RPM" and then add RPM values you want to use in the flashcut config page just
    as if you were configuring a direct connection

Choose the COM port the RS485U shows up as and connect, the VFD should be preconfigured for RTU mode,
    default is ASCII mode which libmodbus doesn't support

P9.02 to 3 (MODBUS RTU 8,N,2)

Software should be configured to
    9600,N,8,2

Although this software asks you if you want to change thse values, it doesn't seem to allow it so use the keypad to change these settings.
    GSoft doesn't allow it either than I can find. only keypad.

Change P3.0 to 3 (allows modbus to control run/stop and keypad stop button to function), 4 does same without keypad stop control
    Change P4.0 to 5 (allows modbus to change frequency)

Run and it set the RPM, use Spindle(On)/Spindle(Off) to switch it on and off, quitting this program won't turn off the spindle (yet)

Downloads
    Uploads

been testing it for a couple of days now, so far works great.

the only thing i didn't have was M03/M03 on off of the spindle, it looks like you have to assign an output line state to the spindle m03/m05 commands as well, which means we loose an output but no biggie. otherwise changing of the speed works as expected via the GCODE S commands.

having speed control of the motor really makes things a lot easier, and nicer finishes.

Downloads
    Uploads

test that assigning a 1/0 to the output of the m03/5 commands makes it work as expected.