You know as a new CNC hobbyist for only the past year the reading, researching and learning curve whilst it can be kinda large at times it is exhilarating though as the end products we can create and machine make the blood, sweat and tears of frustration all worth while.........BUT if I had my time over again I would have gone the FlashCut route, quite simply put as most of the FlashCut users will testify it does what it says on the tin.......I am using Mach3 and the Eithernet Smooth Stepper but as was already stated you simply don't know when the next bug will stop your machining in the middle of a run (extremely annoying and frustrating)........

and when you compare the prices of the FlashCut USB signal generator with Mach and the necessary hardware and enclosures and time wasted to learn how to actually wire the components together.... to me for that extra $450 or $500 comparison and the actual guarantee of the software NOT crashing and ruining a part and actually being in full control of the spindle direction and RPM….well.......if you have the money in my humble opinion it’s worth it for the simple peace of mind and less hair pulling stress of ruining another part…….