No Motor Movement on CRP Plug and Play Electronics with smoothstepper

Thread: No Motor Movement on CRP Plug and Play Electronics with smoothstepper

Downloads
    Uploads

Default No Motor Movement on CRP Plug and Play Electronics with smoothstepper

Fella's

I have another newbie question. I finally got everything wired up and installed on the Saturn 1 setup. I was able to connect to the smoothstepper from the computer, I loaded the pre made XML configs for one of the CRP 4x4 "pro" kits into Mach3. I can get the display window and the DRO's to jog in Mach3 but there is no motor movement on any of the steppers.

I checked the emergency stop and the "motor control" toggle on the enclosure. I checked that none of the limit switches were triggering manually by holding metal up to each and seeing each clear. I am able to connect to and ping the smoothstepper.

I am sure this is something simple that I am missing. any ideas on what to check next? I put in a request to CNC Router parts, but no one called me all day today.

Thank you for your help.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: No Motor Movement on CRP Plug and Play Electronics with smoothstepper

Did you follow the instructions to install the Smooth Stepper on your computer?
    If you have, then okay. Turn off the Plug and Play system. Start Mach 3. Does it through a communication error for the ESS?

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: No Motor Movement on CRP Plug and Play Electronics with smoothstepper

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    Did you follow the instructions to install the Smooth Stepper on your computer?
    If you have, then okay. Turn off the Plug and Play system. Start Mach 3. Does it through a communication error for the ESS?
    Yes I followed instructions. I can see the smoothstepper is up and running. In mach3 in the settings for the smoothstepper. I can see the checkboxes check and uncheck when I trigger the limit sensors. So I think the smoothstepper and Mach3 are talking fine.

Also. To answer you question: yes when the electronics are turned off I get an error that mach3 can’t find smoothstepper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Well the hard work is done.
    Pretty sure CRP has closed for the Holidays.
    I sent a couple emails that have not been answered yet either. I would imagine they will open up full time today. They are on the left coast somewhere, so a few hours behind us.
    I think there is a diagnostics page for the ESS. Look up top under plug in config.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

By "motor control" are you referring to the Motor Enable switch on the main panel?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by micknm View Post
    By "motor control" are you referring to the Motor Enable switch on the main panel?
    Yes.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    Well the hard work is done.
    Pretty sure CRP has closed for the Holidays.
    I sent a couple emails that have not been answered yet either. I would imagine they will open up full time today. They are on the left coast somewhere, so a few hours behind us.
    I think there is a diagnostics page for the ESS. Look up top under plug in config.
    CRP got back to me. It was a breakout board that came loose during shipping. Reconnecting it made it work fine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Excellent.

Lee