New Machine Build - FineLine Saturn 4x2 with ClearPath, UC300-ETH / MB2 - Page 10

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: - FineLine Saturn 4x2 with ClearPath, UC300-ETH / MB2

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: - FineLine Saturn 4x2 with ClearPath, UC300-ETH / MB2

Life has kept me out of the shop for the past couple of months, but I am hoping to get back in there over the next couple of weeks. I have a few things to work through:

1) Try to isolate the reasons for the jerky motion that I am getting with certain passes on some operations. It is related to the G-code using very short moves, but the fix could be related to UCCNC settings or other things. There have been alot of suggestions above that I still need to try. (See post #158 of this thread)

2) Try to figure out why I am getting consistent shallow ridges across my parts in a direction along the X-axis. This would appear to be related to some sort of repeatable inaccuracy in the gantry movement, but I don't know if it is mechanical, electro-mechanical, or software related.

3) I have designed some dust shields that I will post pictures of once I have them improved a little. My initial attempt did not work out quite as I had hoped.

4) I am planning to install an Xbox controller for jogging the machine. This appears to be pretty straight-forward, but I haven't had a chance to dive into it yet.

Finally, I wanted to post link to another thread that rcmcdee started with a very similar build. I don't know if any major new issues will come up, but the build is similar enough that it would be worth having some future reader look at it.

-Robert

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Robert,
    Would you be willing to share your current UCCNC configuration with me. We are finally ready to get the machine in motion and I thought your configuration could be a good place to start.

TIA,
    Robb

Downloads
    Uploads

As rcmcdee has been working on his machine, he found a few issues with a couple of my diagrams. He noticed that the Step and Direction wire colors going into the MB2 are reversed, and I noticed that I had Pins 13 and 14 reversed on the main contactor. This last issue won't really cause any problems, but I updated it for posterity. New images are attached.- FineLine Saturn 4x2 with ClearPath, UC300-ETH / MB2-cnc-router-contoller-block-diag-12-aug- FineLine Saturn 4x2 with ClearPath, UC300-ETH / MB2-cnc-router-contoller-block-diag-12-aug

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails - FineLine Saturn 4x2 with ClearPath, UC300-ETH / MB2-cnc-router-contoller-block-diag-12-aug   - FineLine Saturn 4x2 with ClearPath, UC300-ETH / MB2-cnc-router-contoller-block-diag-12-aug  

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910