New Machine Build FLA 4x4 Kit

Thread: FLA 4x4 Kit

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default FLA 4x4 Kit

Greetings everyone. I'm Dennis located in central US.

This is my first post here so I'll try not to mess it up too bad. I've enjoyed reading through all the interesting threads here.

My build has been going pretty good so far despite the lack of updated diagrams/videos covering all the design changes. However, a little patience and common sense and the pieces are coming together.

Now for the reason for my post. My problem is with the Linear Motion Carriages. In all of the diagrams I've seen and in the video, there are 6 bearings on each carriage. My carriages only have 4 bearings each. I don't see how they can run true on the rails without the other two bearings that go in the slots at the ends of the carriages and run along the edges of the rails.

This is especially true for the top carriage on the X axis rail. I'll try to include pics to show what I mean. There will be a lot of weight on this carriage and as you can see in the pics (with no weight at all) it already drops to the point where it will drag on the extrution behind the rail.

If this is a design change and I'm just doing something wrong, I'd be eternally grateful for any help in understanding how to do it.

In total I beleive I am missing 12 bearings (2 bearings on each of 6 carriages).

Thank you for your time,
    Dennis

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FLA 4x4 Kit-0529171455-jpg   FLA 4x4 Kit-0529171451-jpg  

Default Re: FLA 4x4 Kit

There should be six bearings total. I will get the others out to you immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fine Line Automation
    www.finelineautomation.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: FLA 4x4 Kit

Quote Originally Posted by FineLineAuto View Post
    There should be six bearings total. I will get the others out to you immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Nate!