New Machine Build GMT Air Cooled Spindle

Thread: GMT Air Cooled Spindle

Default GMT Air Cooled Spindle

Finally got 220 V to the machine and we're ready for the GMT spindle.
    Does this spindle use any brackets to mount on a Saturn?
    I looked on the FLA site and could not find anything.

Does it bolt up directly?

In case anyone is wondering the Monsters Machine has been running almost daily supporting FRC robot builds and student classroom activities. Students are cranking out part designs for their classroom assignments and seeing their finished parts the next day.. Life is good!

Similar Threads:

Default Re: GMT Air Cooled Spindle

The CRP teaming plate has the correct mount for the GMT. You will need to drill 4 holes to mount to the 10-32 bolt pattern on the z-axis plate to make it work. I can drill them in house or you can do it on the machine.

Note, one of the changes coming in the very near future is a tramming plate that comes standard with the machine that can take both GMT and HQD spindles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fine Line Automation
    www.finelineautomation.com

Default Re: GMT Air Cooled Spindle

We're still trying to decide on the next spindle to install on the Monsters machine. Things have been kinda busy here with FIRST Robotics in full swing but a question has come up re: a Liquid Cooled spindle. Any recommendations from Fineline?