FLA Contact, Response and Support - or Lack Thereof

Thread: FLA Contact, Response and Support - or Lack Thereof

Downloads
    Uploads

Default FLA Contact, Response and Support - or Lack Thereof

Gee, I'm a new guy as far as posts in this specific thread but have been a member on the CNCZone since 2003 and have built and bought a number of CNC machines over the years and learned a lot. (yea I know an old guy).

I've been impressed with what appears to be positive comments from other buyers as far as the quality of the machines so decided to order one of the new Saturn models myself from Nate
    It took me a few days to finally get a return phone call. I've never got an answer when calling (if someone else has, let me know It would be nice to hear that you did). Sorry but it's hard not to be a little anxious when you spend a few thousand dollars on something sight unseen and have paid for it and can't get someone on the phone or prompt email replies for your questions.

I had questions today and finally resorted in asking one of the folks who has been posting his build and progress here. I got an immediate response and answers to some of my questions (thanks David). Hopefully I'll get drawings and dimensions of the machine from Nate soon and an estimated ship date so I can start my base/legs. Anyone ever consider a rolling workbench or table?

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by coherent; 01-10-2017 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Edit and removed 2/3 rds of my comments

Default Re: FLA Contact, Response and Support - or Lack Thereof

Quote Originally Posted by coherent View Post
    Gee, I'm a new guy as far as posts in this specific thread but have been a member on the CNCZone since 2003 and have built and bought a number of CNC machines over the years and learned a lot. (yea I know an old guy).

I've been impressed with what appears to be positive comments from other buyers as far as the quality of the machines so decided to order one of the new Saturn models myself from Nate
    It took me a few days to finally get a return phone call. I've never got an answer when calling (if someone else has, let me know It would be nice to hear that you did). Sorry but it's hard not to be a little anxious when you spend a few thousand dollars on something sight unseen and have paid for it and can't get someone on the phone or prompt email replies for your questions.

I had questions today and finally resorted in asking one of the folks who has been posting his build and progress here. I got an immediate response and answers to some of my questions (thanks David). Hopefully I'll get drawings and dimensions of the machine from Nate soon and an estimated ship date so I can start my base/legs. Anyone ever consider a rolling workbench or table?
    I sent you the dimensions drawings today. For a rolling workbench, I would consider using the leveling caster (see https://www.amazon.com/FOOTMASTER-GD...eveling+caster for an example). You want to be able to move the machine up off the casters. If you don't it'll walk itself across the floor. We are using casters w/ leveling for the stand which is in prototyping now. If you want a set, I can put 4 in with your machine shipment.

Regarding the phone: My operations are mostly at night. If you want to catch me directly the best time is from 5pm to 10pm EST.

Fine Line Automation
    www.finelineautomation.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the info and reply. I'm just anxious to get the stand build and the machine!

Downloads
    Uploads

Could I get dimensions on the machine & / or frame also. I am waiting on available funds, but I am 90% certain I will be purchasing a 4 x 4 nema 34 machine. send to martinkw@comcast.net

Downloads
    Uploads

I'd be happy to put a tape measure on my 4 X 4 and/or my welded frame if you guys would like....I used 2 X 2" tubing for mine.

Ward

Quote Originally Posted by ynnek View Post
    Could I get dimensions on the machine & / or frame also. I am waiting on available funds, but I am 90% certain I will be purchasing a 4 x 4 nema 34 machine. send to martinkw@comcast.net
    I'll post the footprint drawing documents online tonight. I'll let you know when they are up.

Fine Line Automation
    www.finelineautomation.com

Downloads
    Uploads

That would be great, Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FineLineAuto View Post
    I'll post the footprint drawing documents online tonight. I'll let you know when they are up.
    Great. I need to look at what you have done.