Missing parts on custom 4x8 plasma water table build

Thread: Missing parts on custom 4x8 plasma water table build

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Missing parts on custom 4x8 plasma water table build

Nate. How are things with the new location?

If you have any questions regarding this email feel free to call me.
    I've been crazy busy and have just found time to continue assembling my 4x8 plasma table kit. I'm down here in Greenville South Carolina, a friend of Scott Howard's

As a refresher I am the guy who custom ordered a few things to fit my needs.
    One being a double high gantry for extended z axis travel/ room for the water table I plan on building.
    I also received the newer motor mounts that utilize bearings over bushings and multiple style stepper motor mounts.

I have encountered a few issues in my assembly over the past few days. I will try and add comments above each photo to explain as I go.

1. The first few here are trying to mount the nema 23's to the mounting plates.
    Your video shows the Allen key bolts coming in from the back side of the old style bushing set up.
    Either way I try and mount it using the supplied hardware in the bag it doesn't fit. One direction the nut is to big contactin the motor. The other direction the nut is too big to recess in the plate.
    >
    >
    >
    >

>
    > 2. The gantry axis bump stops I believe are the wrong ones. Your video shows a single bumper.
    Also these do not fit correctly. The contact surface in only half, for them to work as is I must disassemble the diagonal brackets to install them. I have them set up for visual reference, I can see the bolt may need to come from the other side to work. In addition the roller bearings are extremely close to the edge of the plate.
    >
    >
    >
    >

>
    >
    >

>
    >
    >

>
    > 3. I was not sent the bearing housing piece that goes here on the top of the Z axis.
    >

>
    > As you may recall I ordered the plasma touch mount and received the spindle mount so you sent me the plasma mount and i gave the spindle mount to Scott Howard. I have him the entire bag that the spindle mount came in which included all the hardware for mounting it and did not receive any new hardware with the plasma mount. In short I need the hardware to mount the plasma mount.
    >
    >
    >
    >

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    In summary I need
    1. a solution for mounting the nema 23's to the X an Y axis mounts. Times X3

2. A solution for the Y axis travel bump stops

3. The bearing retainer plate for the top of the Z axis.
    4. The mounting hardware for the plasma torch mount

Thank you for your time and I look forward to a response.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Missing parts on custom 4x8 plasma water table build-img_3093-jpg   Missing parts on custom 4x8 plasma water table build-img_3092-jpg   Missing parts on custom 4x8 plasma water table build-img_3101-jpg   Missing parts on custom 4x8 plasma water table build-img_3094-jpg  

Missing parts on custom 4x8 plasma water table build-img_3096-jpg   Missing parts on custom 4x8 plasma water table build-img_3097-jpg   Missing parts on custom 4x8 plasma water table build-img_3098-jpg   Missing parts on custom 4x8 plasma water table build-img_3099-jpg  

Missing parts on custom 4x8 plasma water table build-img_3100-jpg  
    Last edited by oasfab; 11-26-2016 at 11:05 PM.

Default Re: Missing parts on custom 4x8 plasma water table build

Jacob, Everything should got out to you on Monday.

You'll get M5 bolts for problem #1, a different bumper plate for problem #2, the bearing block for problem #3, and the base adapter for problem #4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fine Line Automation
    www.finelineautomation.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by FineLineAuto View Post
    Jacob, Everything should got out to you on Monday.

You'll get M5 bolts for problem #1, a different bumper plate for problem #2, the bearing block for problem #3, and the base adapter for problem #4

Thank you for a timely response Nate.
    For problem 1 the kit has what appears to be m5 bolts but installing them one direction the nut will not fit on the motor due to clearance issues with the nema 23's. The other direction they are to short due to the recess in the plate being only big enough for bolt head. Longer bolts will allow me to install the nut but do I need to worry about clearance issues do the the design that originally has the bolt head recessed ?
    I have seen photos on here of the larger motors having more room at the corners of the motor where the nut would go.

All the other problems seem like your solutions will work. As a small reminded I will need 2 of the new bumper plates, one for each end of the gantry.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by oasfab View Post
    Thank you for a timely response Nate.
    For problem 1 the kit has what appears to be m5 bolts but installing them one direction the nut will not fit on the motor due to clearance issues with the nema 23's. The other direction they are to short due to the recess in the plate being only big enough for bolt head. Longer bolts will allow me to install the nut but do I need to worry about clearance issues do the the design that originally has the bolt head recessed ?
    I have seen photos on here of the larger motors having more room at the corners of the motor where the nut would go.

All the other problems seem like your solutions will work. As a small reminded I will need 2 of the new bumper plates, one for each end of the gantry.
    Thank you.

I suspect you got the 10-32 bolts which have the problem you describe. The M5 nuts fit in the slot while the 10-32 do not.

Fine Line Automation
    www.finelineautomation.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by FineLineAuto View Post
    I suspect you got the 10-32 bolts which have the problem you describe. The M5 nuts fit in the slot while the 10-32 do not.
    Thanks
    I have it pictured above with me trying to use the supplied Allen head bolts from both directions with no luck.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am also missing the bolts that hold this bracket to the carriage and the nut to retain it. If it is like the old carriage style then I will need to disassemble the entire table to install them because they were non existent when that step came up. Is there another way? Maybe a low profile Panhead Allen bolt?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is what I'm missing

Downloads
    Uploads

oasfab - just wondering if you got your machine up and running yet? I'm working on a FLA machine and setting it up for plasma with a custom water table. If you've made any progress I'd love to see so photos and info on how things are going!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by coherent View Post
    oasfab - just wondering if you got your machine up and running yet? I'm working on a FLA machine and setting it up for plasma with a custom water table. If you've made any progress I'd love to see so photos and info on how things are going!
    Yeah I'm currently working on rebuilding the linear carriages because some bolts were missing in my motor bags. I thought that maybe because I received the new black anodized style motor mounts that the may be attached differently thus the reason for the missing bolts. I was wrong. The entire gantry has to come apart....
    I'm still working on my design of the water table but have a few good ideas.

I built one heck of a base for the table with the thought of being able to cut up to 1 in thick steel and hold the weight.