Invitation to join in.........

Thread: Invitation to join in.........

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Invitation to join in.........

If you would like to add to the FAQ section your contributions would be appreciated. If everyone made just one contribution we would very quickly have a great resource.
    No contribution will be considered too simplistic. ( As you will see )
    All contributions must be relivant to CNC, machining, or computer related.
    Thanks.

You can make your entries here http://cnczone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=172

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by ynneb; 08-17-2004 at 09:28 AM.
    Being outside the square !!!

Downloads
    Uploads

If you see a mistake in any of the entries, could you please advise in this thread.
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Arvidb and Graham for your contributions. They are both excellent additions to the FAQ section. The next time we see any of those sorts of questions posted in the forum we will now be able to point them to the FAQ section.

Arvidb, did you post it as a pdf because you wanted to keep the formatting, or did you just prefere it to be as a nice package? If you did want to keep the formatting and have it all in your thread, you can now post your threads as html. I can help you with this if you want.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Benny,

several reasons made me choose PDF; formatting is one of them, but the biggest reason is the special characters used - I don't know enough about HTML to be able to produce a HTML version that I can be sure is compatible across the different platforms. Another reason is that I wanted it to be easily and neatly printable.

I'm open to a HTML version, but I just can't see how to make one as nice as the PDF version. I can send you the document in Rich Text Format if you want to try it, but be aware that I can be quite the pedantic one .

Arvid

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

First, thank you for this document. Second, this may be a newbie thing to do, but there may be a typo in your PDF.

For the power equation you specify that it's force times speed (or velocity) but you write it at Force times distance F * s instead of F * v

Third, I am creating a spreadsheet of the equations as a tool, and ifthere is any interest I can make a web form. We'll see.

Jay

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Jay C, thanks for the correction! A new version has been posted (I had to start a new thread since I couldn't edit my old post anymore - perhaps it's too old?)

Arvid