Did 4x4 cnc

Thread: Did 4x4 cnc

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Did 4x4 cnc

Hey I'm a newbie to the cnc world, but I'm looking for an inexpensive one with 4x4 cutting area. I'll be cutting acrylic and plastics for display cases. I've been looking around and found the Joe's 4x4 hybrid. Also found the R7 cnc, it has a smaller work area but was thinking I could build something similar with a lager work area. Are there any other kits that are around $2,000 or less?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Did 4x4 cnc

I guess it depends upon your expectations but I wouldn't suggest a machine with V-bearing for any router implementation. V-bearigns are good for lasers and plasma machine in my mind but come up short if you expect enough stiffness to get good results on a router. The isn't to say V-bearing won't work, just that they may not give you the quality that you expect out of a CNC machine.

To put it plainly $2,000 is pretty thin for a DIY machine. The only way you will do that is by scrounging really hard for stuff below market price. This assuming you build a machine suitable for your stated usage.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Did 4x4 cnc

Thanks, yeah that's kinda what I been figuring out. So now I've been thinking about building a metal frame and mounting linear rails on it for the x axis, metal gantry plates and a 3060 aluminum extrusion 3x6 with linear rails for the y axis. Thinking rack and pinion for the x and y axis since it is a bit of a run, if i can figure all that out. And then just a pre-built z axis assembly. Nema23 motors, probably just going to have to buy a pre-wired kit as I don't know what's all involved with that. Thoughts?