Need Help! IPL Mode issue

Thread: IPL Mode issue

Downloads
    Uploads

Default IPL Mode issue

Hello all, today I was sending a small program to my lathe today, with a fanuc 10T control. The control immediately showed this:
    __________________________________________________ ______
    FS10T9B 1220G
    ROM TEST :END
    RAM TEST :END
    LOAD SYSTEM LABEL :END
    CHECK SYSTEM LABEL :PASS
    FILE#07: DATA BROKEN

I P L
    1 DUMP MEMORY
    2 -
    3 CLEAR FILE
    4 SETTING
    5 -
    6 END IPL
    __________________________________________________ _________

Can somebody tell me what the hell just happened and how I would go about fixing this. I am hesitant to call fanuc because they always try to sell me things I'm not sure I need. Any help would be very appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It is possible that the RAM is corrupted and that is why your machine is entering to IPL mode automatically.

Do you have a backup of your machine ??? I hope so, since it is possible that you loose all from the memory.

You can press option 6 and see what happens, but the most possible solution is to press the "-" and "." keys at the keyboard at the same time and turn ont he control without drepessin the keys; the control will turn on at the IPL screen, then you input "99" then "input" and the contro asks the number of axis (usualloy a lathe has 2 axis) press "2", tehn "input" and then you must input the options one by one in hexadecimal mode; option 1 is param. no. 9100, option 2 is prm. 9101,you have to have some experience in this to do it correctly.

GP.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey GP, thanks for the reply. I think we may have solved the problem without dumping the parameters. I deleted file #7 which in turn deleted all of my program files from memory. My parameters still seem to be intact but I have yet to run a program on it to be sure. Thanks for your help!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's great, then the problem was in the program part only. A suggestion, backup your data if you don't have a backup already.

GP.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your parameters and everything should be fine. By clearing the programs that should have fixed your problem. All you have to do is reload all of your programs.

As Gpena said your RAM got corrupted. I had a 10t that had parts of the bubble memory that were bad and as over time of loading programs it would hit a certain point and we would have to clear the memory again.

If you do not have a backup make sure you make one. Unlock your 8000 and 9000 macro programs so they punch out of the control. Write down your entire PC data. Timers,counters,keeprelays, etc. This data cannot be punched out via RS232 in the 10 series control. I have blank form for the 10 control if you want it. It helps to ensure that you have got all the data. Your ladder should be fine as it is burned into eprom in a yellow cassette mounted to the main board.

Stevo

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks GP. I did backup my parameters but just curious: I have never had to reload parameters back into the control. My understanding is that it loads in just like a part program. Is is that simple, can I just take the values I punched off the control and send them into the control as they are?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Stevo. That blank form you have would be great if you could get it to me. I never want to experience the panic I did today for a few minutes of wondering if I had all the information I needed backed up! If you could email that form to me or just post it here I would be very grateful. Ward.99@hotmail.com
    Joe

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes backup everything. I cannot stress enough how important that is. That is the very first thing I do when putting power for the first time to a new or used machine. It takes a very long time and a lot of money to get everything back to normal if you lose all your data with no backups. Especially if it is an older machine or the MTB is no longer around.

Parameters load similar to programs. If you have your PC connected then you select “service” soft key, then over arrow and press “punch”, “all”. Reverse and do “read” when putting them in to the control. If you lose your parameters then you will have to manually set up your communication settings before you can load them via PC.

If you lose everything then as Gpena was saying you have to enter your option parameters in hexadecimal format first. Here is the procedure for the option parameters..

To enter in option parameters
    1) Power up machine with "-" minus and "." decimal point depressed
    2) Key "99" and "Input"
    3) Key Password @ each "?" prompt and "input" after each is keyed
    4) Key in "3" or whatever # axes in parameter 9000 @ "AXIS" prompt
    5) Step through options by number and key new Hexidecimal codes and "input"
    option 1=9100, option 2=9101 ect. Just push input if no change is required
    6) If "clear files" appears, hit "Y" - will erase programs etc.
    7) When 1st menu appears, key "6" and "enter"

Blank PMC data form attached to thread.

Stevo

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IPL Mode issue-pmc-data-blank-form-pdf  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Crashmaster, the procedure to upload the information from a backup to the CNC is different from other controls, I'll try to explain.

1. Press "-" and "." keys simultaneously and turn on the control without depressing them.
    2. The control will turn on in IPL mode and erase all contents of the RAM.
    3. Press "99" and then "input".
    4. The control will ask for the number of axis (common lathe is usually is 2, VMC is 3).
    5. Then you must enter the options in hexadecimal notation.
    Option 1 correspond to parameter 9100.
    Option 2 correspond to paraemter 9101.
    and so on...
    example: parameter 9100=11110001 this is bynary code, in hex it is F1. Then you must input "F1" in the option no. 1.
    all params with 00000000 you can press just "input"
    6. After you input all options then you must input parameters, pc parameters(timers, keep relays, counters and data).
    7. Then input all programs.

your machine must work correctly after this. I hope this helps. If you have any doubt please let us know to try to help you.

GP.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stevo1,

I think that the pasword only apply for the 15's controls, am I right??

GP.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gpena,
    You are absolutely correct. The 10 series does not need a password. I was just running from memory , and I have been working on these 15series for some time now on a new project and I have had no problems with the 10 so I have not done anything with it for awhile. The 15,16,18,21 are the series that require the password.

So everything is the same except for the password entry. Also if you don’t know the number of axis the machine requires you can find it in parameter 9000. This is not always as obvious as it seems. I was running through this on one of my VTL’s that had to be set to 4. I put 3 and it took me awhile to figure out what I did. I just ass u med 3 axis, X,Z,C(rotary table). So it is not always count the axis or look at the work offset page and count them.

Stevo

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks a lot guys. Hopefully someday I can return the favor. Stevo, thanks for posting those forms too...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good day someone will have a backup of a FS10T9B lost all the information board
    It is a lathe

first of all, Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good day someone will have a backup of a FS10T9B lost all the information board
    It is a lathe

first of all, Thanks

Default Re: IPL Mode issue

Stevo1,

I am having problems with a Fanuc 15 M-A machine. It lost all parameters. I do not have a back up but I have another unit just identical to the one with problems. I am reading information about how to enter IPL mode to edit 9000#s parameter, as you previously posted. I have some questions related to this topic. I am sure you can help me. Can you send me an email so I can send you my questions. I tried to send you private message but the system said that your box for messages is full. Best regards