Hello, thank you in advance for taking the time to read my message.

Client called me said his Mitsuiseiki machine, Fanuc monitor was only showing 1/2 screen. 2 years ago I personally rebuilt the monitor and I did a complete overhaul on it and the CRT, MDI/Graphic card (FANUC A20B-1000-0852) all has been working fine for 2 years. When I got there I did a monitor test bar test and all checked good.

So I powered down machine and did a cold restart. When I initialize the control power the monitor came up and as it's doing it's boot process you can see the whole screen as it's doing it's boot checks, THEN when the boot process is done and the actually position screen comes up it's only showing 1/2 screen. (top half is a white color).
Main Mother Board A16B-1010-0331 has display of 1 which is ok.

Powered down again and the same thing happened, then I shut down machine, took a long lunch break and returned to see if a change would occur after temp's cooled down and capacitors had time to discharge.

When I powered up machine, Booting process looked OK, then the Screen came up in IPL screen and was full screen. (please note- I didn't have to force(- ,) to get into IPL mode, It came up by it's self) At this time it had CPU Timed Out.
When I entered 6 to end IPL it worked and went to builders page and just sat there? At full screen.
Main Mother Board A16B-1010-0331 has display of 0 which is ok.

I have read the back up procedures and am going in that direction tomorrow, like most shops there is no current back up. Also it has been suggested by memoryman to check voltage rails on CPU board which I will do also.

This is my primary assessment of the problem rite now and I just wanted to toss it out to see what you guys thought.

Other notes:
Main Mother Board A16B-1010-0331
Axis control A16B-1211-0273
Rom/Ram A16B-1211-0280
SRAM (BMU)IM-4 A16B-2201-0130

Any thoughts on this?

Again thanks for your time.