Help for PMC ladder for Fanuc O-M - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help for PMC ladder for Fanuc O-M

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help for PMC ladder for Fanuc O-M

Is there enough InfraRed from LED's to do it?
    Do you have any bright sunlight there?
    I picked up a nice e-prom eraser on ebay sometime ago.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

I think there are some. After a few hours it starting to show errors when I verified it but it’s going to take ages. I’m looking for a eprom eraser from eBay but it will take a long time to order also.. I got some extra chips on their way from China so I can flash it onto new ones if I don’t manage to erase this one first.

We don’t have long days here in Norway in the winter so it’s limited time with sun. I might take my first solarium ever tomorrow just to erase this chip lol

edit, I’ve just read that welding arcs has a lot of UVC in them. Can I clear it by having it close to me just welding some to give UVC light for the chip?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by m1n1m View Post
    But G127.5 isn’t in the ladder. Is it so that I have to energize it for it to show? I thought it would show up when not connected also? In the attachment you can see what shows up when I search for G127.5. I also looked through the whole ladder manually without finding anything.

There is a “tapef” setting in the parameter screen but I can’t change it no matter what I do. The pwe can be changed.
    How do i activate g127. 5 Please help me control fanuc o-m

Downloads
    Uploads

I always understood that you needed UV light to erase an Eprom not InfraRed

Downloads
    Uploads

I know this is a old thread but it sparked my interest. So how did the ladder get changed. Was it the fanuc editing software or something simpler. I used to mess around with gm fuel injection programming which was Eprom based. It was a cycle of ease with uv and then burn the new image. Is there some software readily available to read ladder logic from a eprom and then edit it?
    Scott

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    One option is to either enable more program memory or add a memory card.
    Check what parameter 901 is and report back.
    Al.
    I have the same problem because g127. 5 is not activated from plc can anyone help me

Downloads
    Uploads

There is a memory upggrade available for the various 0 controls.
    The 0-C control needs a PMC-ram board to change the ladder and can store the ladder in that card. We have one, but it is not for sale. Then you can burn the ladder into eproms with another card.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by curtistdc View Post
    I know this is a old thread but it sparked my interest. So how did the ladder get changed. Was it the fanuc editing software or something simpler. I used to mess around with gm fuel injection programming which was Eprom based. It was a cycle of ease with uv and then burn the new image. Is there some software readily available to read ladder logic from a eprom and then edit it?
    Scott
    Sorry for the late reply. The short answer is that I bought a eeprom reader, read out the chips I had, then I downloaded a dosbox emulator and changed the code in FLADDER adding the G127.5 line and tied it to a input I could wire a switch to. Works perfect. The only issue is that the ladder is written over two eeproms so you need fanuc hardware to split it before/after code change. I got help from a forum member here that I sent the two .BIN eeprom files to and then he combined it into a readable file for FLADDER so I could change my code. I then sent it to him again so he could split it into two EEPROM files and I wrote them back to two wiped EEPROMS. It's not very hard to do but you need som basic knowledge about this or take your time reading up on it. Splitting/Combining the .BIN files can only be done with fanuc hardware to my knowledge so you either need the PMC-ram board memoryman mentions or something similar (there are two ways of doing it but I don't recall the last one now).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12