Problem Cannot enter program. 086 P/S alarm?

Thread: Cannot enter program. 086 P/S alarm?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Cannot enter program. 086 P/S alarm?

I have a Fanuc OM controller on a Lagunmatic mill. I have not used my CNC machine for about 2 years and I am cannot figure out how to simply enter a program. I keep getting a 086 P/S alarm.

Maybe I am forgetting a step, this is what I am trying:
    1. I push the edit mode button and then the program button on the MDI panel.
    2. I then push G 01 (input) to start a program line
    3. The machine gives me 086 P/S ALARM

I have tried entering X and Y coordinates and N for line numbers then (input) and I still get the alarm. As I recall the protocol for this was, for instance, N line# (input) G 01 (or whatever) (input) X # (input) Y # (input) etc. Is this right? I seem to be able to input coordinates in MDI mode using the input button, but is it possible to input multi line programs in MDI mode? I don't think so.

The little CRT screen seems to be displaying the program screen. It says program at the top left and gives me a ADRS. prompt.

This is difficult as I was inputing programs fine last time I used the machine and I do not know if a setting on the machine has changed or if I am skipping a step.

The 086 alarm is listed in my manual as: "When entering data in the memory by using the Reader/Puncher interface, the ready signal (DR) of Reader/Puncher was turned off." Nothing is plugged into the parallel port. Is it possible the machine is stuck in a state of waiting for a program to be sent? Does something need to be reset?

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
    Thanks

Hawke

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

To create a new program, give it a number:

O1234 INSERT (You should have a blank page with O1234 at the top)

Then, start typing your code (EOB is a ";" character on your screen):

N1 G0 G40 G80 G90 EOB INSERT

Repeat for each block of the probram.

Downloads
    Uploads

if you want to create a program on the control you will have to do that in MDI mode.

Downloads
    Uploads

I could've swore you need to be in EDIT mode to create or edit programs.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The O+program number+(insert) thing worked. I only tried in edit mode.
    It was pretty frustrating, and I lost the old notebook I had that had all my CNC notes in it, so I was just sitting there staring at the machine, and it is not like there are 50 people in town that I could call and ask.

Thanks a lot, made my day,

Hawke

Downloads
    Uploads

dcoupar is right about entering a program in EDIT mode. When you're in EDIT mode, the INSERT, ALTER, DELETE, and EOB keys are used to enter a program into memory.

To start entering a new program, select EDIT mode, turn off the memory protect key switch, then enter the letter "O" followed by a 4-digit number, then press INSERT. Enter any data you want, with an EOB code at the end of each block. INSERT takes what you just entered (on the bottom left of the screen) and puts it in the program whereever the cursur is. You can can also DELETE or ALTER data in EDIT mode. Do not press INPUT.

To run that program, press RESET to put the cursur to the top of the program, switch to MEMORY or AUTO mode, then press CYCLE START.

INPUT is used when entering a single command in MDI mode. For example, you can enter M03, then press INPUT, then CYCLE START to turn on the spindle. Anything you enter in MDI mode is not saved in memory. It's just for making a single, manual command.

In EDIT mode, the INPUT key will make the Fanuc try to read a program through the RS232 port, which is why you were getting the "086" alarm. That alarm means that the CNC is trying to read data from the serial port, but it doesn't have a "ready" signal from the other device on pin #6. You probably don't have anything plugged in to the serial port, which is why you got that alarm.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default can we undo a change in the program

I believe this is not possible. Whenever we edit a program, it is saved immediately, and there is no way you can revert back to the original program. This is because CNC does not use any buffer memory to store the change. This is a limitation, as one may need to try various combinations without creating new programs.

Is there a way to undo changes made in a program?

Downloads
    Uploads

No.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool thanks, part pix

This is the little project I was working on. We used to build carbon fiber bikes and I broke my old 26" mtb apart and reglued it uning some leftover parts to accept the newer 29" wheels. It is still pretty rough and prototypey, if it holds up for a few months I will paint it and all. The big nuts on the upper bolt need to go too, but I just wanted to get it functioinal. The aluminum droupout is the part I was cutting on the mill. It is maybe a little overbuilt. It had to be longer than normal as the chainstays were built for the 26" wheel. Thus far the bike feels very nice.

Thanks

Hawke