Fanuc OT Wear Offset page locked???

Thread: Fanuc OT Wear Offset page locked???

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc OT Wear Offset page locked???

I recently purchased an Excel with a Fanuc OT. Ive worked with a Fanuc OT years ago, so I have a little knowledge with it, but Im still refreshing myself.

Ive set the tool and roughed a part with no issues.Geometry page and work shift page lets me make entries with no issues. Press X or Z, then Num, then Input, ect. Works fine on the on all pages EXCEPT the Wear page. When I hit input, it doesnt enter or change the number. It just sits there. The entry doesnt disappear either, unless I hit reset. Ive tried to enter several different numbers, even as small as .001, thinking maybe it had a parameter that wouldnt let you make bigger entries, but none worked. Any ideas?

And I have yet to get the measure button to work either, but I dont even need that right now. Im just rough parts to assist the other lathes, till I have some confidence in the machine. I did read the other thread that gave detailed on instructions on how to set tools with measure, ect. but didnt workout for me. Im probably doing something wrong, but like I said, its not a huge concern at the moment.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc OT Wear Offset page locked???

Wear and measure were options on the OT control. You may not have it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good point, but the wear page has numbers already in it for the tools that were in the turret, and the match the tools called up in the previous owners program. Its pretty obvious the previous owner was using the Wear page.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fanuc OT Wear Offset page locked???-photo-jpg

Previous owners program used Tools 5 and 6, and Tool 5 and 6 were the only tools loaded in the turret.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

In case anyone wanted to know, I figured out the Wear page has to be entered with a U, instead of an X. Geometry X and Wear U.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

there's probably a parameter for that somewhere. I used to work a Fanuc 0T and it would let me use X/U and W/Z