Need Help! BIT CONFUSED

Thread: BIT CONFUSED

Downloads
    Uploads

Default BIT CONFUSED

Hello everyone,
    I have a Goodway GCL Lathe with Fanuc OT control. When I try to turn the machine on I get the Master Machine Alarm Light and it will not run. For some reason the hydraulic pump does not start.
    No alarms appear on the Fanuc screen.
    In the manual supplied with the lathe it says to go to the diagnostics page and navigate to R800 (DGN2800). On the Fanuc diagnostic pages I can only see numbers from 0000 to 0832. These are followed by either an 8 digit number or a 1 digit number.

Can someone clarify this for me?

Am I an idiot?

Thanks in advance.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by DALEK; 01-24-2013 at 08:56 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

How old is the lathe? Do you have the electrical prints, sound like an hard wire problem.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for reply.

The year of manufacture was 1994. This is state of the art in this place. Some stuff was made in the century before that.

I do have full documentation for this machine, but there are dozens of different wiring diagrams.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did your company recently buy the machine used? If so you may have incoming power reversed. WITH THE POWER OFF, switch 2 of the phases around on the machines main disconnect. It is also possible that there is a button to turn the hydraulic on after releasing e-stop. You may want to look for the button first. On our machines the button is a circle with a portion of the top missing.

Downloads
    Uploads

Master Machine Alarm Light is telling you something that is not Fanuc related, is your problem. Possable stuck end limit switch or overload. I have several Goodways here but mine are 80's or 2000's.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for replies guys.

The machine has been working OK without being moved for some years. When the Master Machine Alarm comes on none of the buttons on the machine panel work. Only the Fanuc buttons are responsive.
    I agree that it is the machine that has the problem, not the control, but I am wondering if the diagnostic data can give me a place to start. I believe some of this data comes from the machine itself and is not only a diagnostic of the Fanuc control.
    If I look in the control cabinet at the back of the machine it's like looking at a bucket of eels.

Downloads
    Uploads

It is true that diagnostic data comes from the machine, but based on your previous post it sounds like your discription on the diagnostics bit is not true. "it's like looking at a bucket of eels" they must build them that way as mine are the same.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fixed

Hello,
    After much investigation I noticed that the 24 Volt DC supply to the contactors etc was floating about the 6 to 12 volt value. Transformer measures OK. Changed the smoothing capacitor, results the same. Changed the rectifier, results the same. Changed the 10 Amp fuse between the transformer output and the rest of the circuit, machine works again. Fuse was in a rail mount holder and does look slightly tarnished. As Sherlock Holmes said "If you elimate the impossible whatever is left must be the truth, no matter how improbable".

Note to the powers that be. Can you start a dedicated thread for Goodway machines?

Downloads
    Uploads

I had an old piece of equipment stop. Turns out a fuse had just died mechanically due to old age. It fell apart when probed. That saved $3000++ for $0.50 !!
    Old hardware often has problems with microswitches too.
    I've seen those blob looking diodes that look fine, and a flick with the finger and the blob becomes a missile.
    Take a photo before flicking them. I still repair 30 y.o. boards for customers.

Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. THREE ways to fix things: The RIGHT way, the OTHER way, and maybe YOUR way, which is possibly a FASTER WRONG WAY!

Downloads
    Uploads

Note to the powers that be. Can you start a dedicated thread for Goodway machines?
    Now known as Yama Seiki, maybe a Goodway/ Yama Seiki heading?