Need Help! Tool Decomp failsafe process

Thread: Tool Decomp failsafe process

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tool Decomp failsafe process

I have an operator on the shop floor that had a question. Is there a way to have the machine stop the program if the decomp value of a tool that is placed in the tool information has a radius to large to machine the part safely? An example of this would be if an operator changed out a tool and entered a tool radius of 1.325 and the safe decomp value would be under 1.3. Is there a way to have the machine recognize this and stall out the program and stop the machine to save a potential crash? Like a line that reads "If such and such isn't a certain value-Then either stop the program or let it continue to run". Thanks for any help.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Using macro b and tool offset option c, you could put...

IF[#[13000.+#4107]GE1.3]THEN#3000=1(incorrect compensation)

This would stop pgm if last called D is bigger than 1.3 ( with message)

I think..

DP

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Never heard the term "decomp" used before. Thanks for a new term.

You can also program using "Wear Compensation" where the center line of the tool is programmed and initial compensation is set for 0.0000.

Downloads
    Uploads

The method txcncman proposes is probably least prone to catastrophic error if D is omitted or value omitted from tool table. Not my preferred method as I like to 'see' the size of the tools in the offset table as an extra assurance that I am altering the right tool - also, 'manual guide i' cycles will only work with a valid tool size (which is why I use them - automatic safety check ,). I would get operator opinion before changing methods.

To involve your radius wear offset into safety check, you might put..

IF[[#[13000.+#4107]+#[12000.+#4107]]GE1.3]THEN..etc

Remember that your D must be invoked beforehand otherwise #4107 will not be updated. If your control has different tool compensation type, see the manual to determine where tool offset values are stored. You can obviously extend the formula/repeat this method to ensure that D lies within a valid range.

DP

Downloads
    Uploads

In the absence of a macro option, you could write a non-cutting circle with comp on that would alarm out when the comp value got too large. (program a R1.300 circle so that a comp value of 1.301 would throw an alarm)