Company purchased a used Daewoo S200. Would you believe

Thread: Company purchased a used Daewoo S200. Would you believe

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Company purchased a used Daewoo S200. Would you believe

it apparently wasn't ordered with Macro B? I can't believe it. It is an 18T. We have 3 newer MS200s with the same control. I found a difference in 5 of the 9900 series macros. I assume this is where the options are. Doubt my company would spring for the price on this machine. However, I would like to use it for my cut-off subprogram at the very least.

Any one willing to let me know which one it is? I suppose I could change them one at a time, and try a sample program until I find what works.

The other Daewoos have C-axis. This machine doesn't so that would account for at least one of the different macros.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Try 9933 bit #7 (MSB).

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Al. Will try tomorrow.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, Al, it turns out I lied. Macro B is on. It does work. The problem is that whenever the control reads M30 or the Reset button is hit, the variables are all set to null. Not zero, a blank screen. Then the numbers all have to be loaded again. I have them loading at the beginning of the program. Problem is if you hit "Reset" in the middle of the program for some reason (such as to rerun a tool), then it clears the variables, and the cut-off operation can't run the way I want it to.

Downloads
    Uploads

Try setting Parameter 6001 bits 6 & 7 to 1. These control wether the variables are cleared to "vacant" by reset.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hello sir, i am new in repair of CNC machine . how to enter parameter setting in HITACHI EDM MACHINE ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dcoupar View Post
    Try setting Parameter 6001 bits 6 & 7 to 1. These control wether the variables are cleared to "vacant" by reset.
    Thank you kind sir. I knew there were a couple more parameters to be changed because I just went through the exact same thing with one of the 2 Hardinges we have left that have OT controls.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by segar View Post
    hello sir, i am new in repair of CNC machine . how to enter parameter setting in HITACHI EDM MACHINE ?
    I assume we are not talking about a Fanuc control. Don't have an EDM machine, but do have a lathe with the Seicos control. You first go to MDI. Then there should be a botton that has SET with an -01 above it. The manual says "Put MEM. OPEN = 1. My control does not have MEM. OPEN. I took a chance and got lucky on the first try. Use the PAGE arrow key to find the page that has RS232C IN/OUT PRINT across the top. The bottom line should say b) DC CODE =0(0:USE). Use the arrow key to get on the 0, and change it to 1. Press the PARAM key, and make your changes. Don't forget to make sure the memory lock key is on WRITE.

Often it is necessary to turn the power off for a few seconds, and then turn it back on for the change to take affect. Don't forget to change the 1 back to 0.

Hope this works for your EDM control.