Fanuc 0 M memory

Thread: Fanuc 0 M memory

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc 0 M memory

hello,
    I have an 0 M controller and problem with memory. It is to small for bigger program. Is it possible to connect a hard disc with M27 connector or do something else. I tried to make DNC connection, but it does not work.(I do not have DNC button on panel). What can I do?
    regards, matic

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

You probably have a TAPE mode. This is where you usually run DNC (RMT) operation.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

yes, I have tape mode. If I use I/O and tape in edit mode, lsk blink, and if I push start button nothing happend.

Downloads
    Uploads

Can you send programs to the machine via the serial port?

I believe you have to be in Mem or Auto to DNC, not Edit. In Edit, you're trying to load programs into memory.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

There is no problem to send program into memory. Problem is,when I try to work with program which is biger then memory. Al memory is 128k, half of them need macro for work. I can use cca 60 k for program. I do not have par. 127 to change, but in diagnostic mode those par. exist. I don t know how to change it in diagnostic.

Downloads
    Uploads

I just wanted to know if your RS232 was working.

You can't DNC in Edit mode, you can only send and recieve programs to/from memory. Does your machine have a Tape MODE? (Edit - Mem - Tape - MDI, Jog, Handle, etc.)? If you have a Tape MODE, set I/O to 0 or 1, put the machine in Tape MODE, and single block (for safety) and press Cycle Start. LSK should blink, and you should be able to send the program from your PC.

If you don't have a Tape MODE, please let us know your Machine make and/or post a photo of the control's mode selection area so we can see what you're working with.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

RS 232 working, I also have Tape mode, but it only work in Edit mode, not in Auto mode. If I make classic program transfer, program start to go into controller no matter if start button is off or on. If I push start button nothing is happend. If I put I/O to 1 there is no possible to transfer anything. I can send you parameter which I got on net to DNC work.
    regards, Matic

Downloads
    Uploads

Some models of the 0 require the BMI register bit G127.5 turned on to enable DNC, usually via a switch on the panel, done through the PMC.
    You can see this in the diagnostics or in the PMC Ladder.
    You can try setting on more memory but in some cases this also requires hardware.
    There is a Canadian company (Tulip) that specialize in memory hardware expansion for Fanuc.
    See what bit is set on for the parameter 901 bit 0 to 4, the highest memory option starts at 0 set to a 1 and bit 4 the smallest, only one should be on.
    Back up your parameters first before changing anything.
    Al.

Last edited by Al_The_Man; 05-03-2007 at 02:13 PM.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I ordered memory in one Candian company(Ebay company), payed and got four chips for 250 USD. Chips are the same as I have them into my controler. Similar chips cost in our country 2 € per piece. How can I thrust anyone? I change par. 901 to get max memory, but only 128k is max. with four chips 60L256 . I can see in diagnostic mode par. 127.5, but I can not enable it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by matic View Post
    I can see in diagnostic mode par. 127.5, but I can not enable it.
    127.5 has to be turned on through the PMC i.e. a ladder change with a switch.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I made a mistake in my letter, becouse I do not have TAPE mode on my panel. Is it possible to expaned memory with some memory disc or card. I have now 128 k memory and I think this is max mem. for this controller.Can anyone help me in this problem, becouse this memory is to low for milling?
    matic