Need Help! HOLDING CTRL & P KEYS

Thread: HOLDING CTRL & P KEYS

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default HOLDING CTRL & P KEYS

Was working at this outfit on a 308 takisawa and remember I was asked to hold the Control and P keys while starting up the Fanuc 21i control panel and I believe the reason was because the apprentice lost parameters in x. Not sure, If anyone knows about this, could you reply to refresh my memory.
    Thanks In Advance

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Its to bypass the soft overtravels....
    What does it do if you dont do this at startup...does the machine seem lost or give an alarm? Let me know and I'll try to help you with this matter.

Downloads
    Uploads

Press the function key “OFFSET SETTING”
    Press the soft key “SETTING”.
    Move the cursor to “PARAMETER WRITE” . May need to page up or down to get to the top of the Parameter numbers.
    Turn on PWE (Parameter Write) make it a 1

Press the function Hard key "SYSTEM"
    Press the softkey "PARAM"
    Type1815.4 and press "No.Search" . This should bring up parameter 1815.4 .
    Arrow down to whichever axis you want to change X,Y,or Z.
    Parameter 1815.5 should always be a one

If you have zero return switches then on power up 1815.4 may be zero until first zero return. Does the Z-axis when homing normally decel? Watch how 815 works with Z since that seems to work correctly. If 1815.1 is a 1 then you have scales on this machine, but probably unlikely

Change bit 4 (APZ) (make sure you count from the right starting with first space is Zero, Bits are as shown here-76543210). This will delete the current reference zero. Alarm must power down will appear, DO NOT POWER OFF

Go back to the parameter 1815.4 and make bit 4 a one

Power off machine for one minute and power up. New home position will be set.

Check coordinates of program and see how far you are off if they are not correct repeat steps. Also make sure you handwheel the axises slowly to there overtravels and make sure nothing binds no servo alarms occur or destroys any way covers If you set incorrectly severe damage can occur. Also remember if this is an axis that the pallet changer or Tool changer is dependant on alignment then you must check this also because it is based off of zero return. Do not change 2nd reference position to comp for this. Always change home position.

Good Luck~!