Need Help Please: FANUC 11M

Thread: Need Help Please: FANUC 11M

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need Help Please: FANUC 11M

Hi All,
    I have an Acromax MX16, with an 11M control and I'm having an issue with the spindle. It wouldn't run over 900 RPM. It would just stop, and show no alarms on screen. I had to power down and restart. There were 2 alarm lights on the board, 8 and 4, which I found out means it's an ALARM 12 "overcurrent flows to DC Link". I'm not very knowledgeable on electronic stuff, so I replaced the board(price was very good!). Powered it up, and ran spindle over 1000 RPM. Yay! fixed! Nope, spindle won't shut off! I have to power down completely. Restart, and it does the same thing. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Thank You!--------- John

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need Help Please: FANUC 11M

disconnect cable from Fanuc drive and measure insulation of the motor and cable, it must be above 1 MOhm
    try to shake cable when check, simulating vibration during running )
    if OK check transistors, though I doubt on it, I guess it connected with wiring and vibration
    also check power terminals in motor

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks guhl, I will try your suggestions. ---------------------- John

Downloads
    Uploads

The problem appears to be with the spindle amplifier. Alarm 12 is a common alarm and can be caused by numerous things such as bad transistor modules, faulty drive phases, motor power cable and so on. If you have checked the motor and power cable for any shorts the issue is with the spindle amp. Do you know the A06B-xxxx-xxxx part number on the spindle amp?

Downloads
    Uploads

tristarcnc, I'll look tonight and let you know the number on the amp. Thank You! ---------------- John

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tristarcnc View Post
    The problem appears to be with the spindle amplifier. Alarm 12 is a common alarm and can be caused by numerous things such as bad transistor modules, faulty drive phases, motor power cable and so on. If you have checked the motor and power cable for any shorts the issue is with the spindle amp. Do you know the A06B-xxxx-xxxx part number on the spindle amp?
    A06B-6052-H003
    Got home, and checked the number. Also went looking on egay and found a couple just in case. How far can you deviate from the numbers? I've found: A06B-____-H003, and the prices vary quite a bit.
    I'm not exactly sure of how to check the cables, and motor. Would it be best to pull the motor? I really appreciate the help! ------------- John

Downloads
    Uploads

I really hate it when someone asks for help, it is given, and then you never hear from the person again! I'm sure I've been guilty of it too! My mill is working again! I have "0" knowledge of electronics, and really wasn't sure of how to act upon the great advice given to me by guhl, and Tristarcnc. After putting the replacement board in and it not working, I gave up for a while. I finally called my local FANUC place to have them send someone out. Guy is asking me questions about it, and I'm like, just send someone out! Asked me if I put the original chipset on the new board. Silence from me..... didn't know you had to do that! Swapped out the chips, and damned if it doesn't work!!! I've replaced quite a few boards, but this is the first time I ever heard about the chipsets! Guhl, and Tristarcnc, I thank you both for your help(even though I barely know the difference between a multimeter and a thermometer! not that bad, but.....) This is my followup! ------------------- John Oh, BTW, They didn't charge me!

Downloads
    Uploads

i have fixed it once.
    becase the spindle did not change gear.

if your machine is makino seiki, it will have board makino controller.
    can you check it.