Fanuc series O- MD Amera-Seiki VAS3 1006 alarm

Thread: Fanuc series O- MD Amera-Seiki VAS3 1006 alarm

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc series O- MD Amera-Seiki VAS3 1006 alarm

I have an Amera Seiki VAS 3 milling machine with a Fanuc series O- MD that I just had to totally recover parameters on. I inherited this machine having never run it, and the problem as well, but I'm getting there. Only alarm I'm getting now is a 1006 gearbox oil alarm. All oil reservoirs have been drained, cleaned, and refilled so I don't see oil level being a problem. I'm wondering if this is a hard alarm that takes some doing to get past or... whatever, I don't know. I know this alarm is unique to this machine and I'm working on tracking down the original dealer. In the meantime was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what's happening. On the control there is a place where three possible oil problems give a red light. I'm assuming it's the way lube light that's lit but like I said every oil reservoir is topped off. I've run a lot of Fanuc controls but have never seen this particular 3 alarm light setup. I know I'm new to the site but any help or ideas would be appreciated. I'm going to include an image or two to better illustrate what I'm trying to describe. Thanks. -Brian

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fanuc series O- MD Amera-Seiki VAS3 1006 alarm-alarm-1-jpg   Fanuc series O- MD Amera-Seiki VAS3 1006 alarm-alarm-2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc series O- MD Amera-Seiki VAS3 1006 alarm

This is a machine alarm from the PMC. Most likely a bad pressure switch/sensor or wiring issue.
    You will have to go through the ladder to isolate this. Trace the relevant switch/sensor and look at the corresponding diagnostic bit to see what the state is, and if it can be changed.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by memoryman View Post
    This is a machine alarm from the PMC. Most likely a bad pressure switch/sensor or wiring issue.
    You will have to go through the ladder to isolate this. Trace the relevant switch/sensor and look at the corresponding diagnostic bit to see what the state is, and if it can be changed.
    Thx for the suggestion. I'm crack the books open Monday and look into the sensor/switch diagnostics. The machine has been idle for years from what I gather. The whole project of getting it running was recently thrust upon me. And while being a very capable machinist, I'm having to learn the internal workings of the control as I go. Up till now in my career the only screens I've had to view on controls were the ones relevant to programming and operation. Thx again.

Downloads
    Uploads

if the machine has indeed gear box for spindle,as far as i know the gearboxes do not use the oil level switch but a flow control for oil that goes in and out of the box and that can be damaged.
    if the machine do not have gear box maybe after you restored parameters you activate by a DATA TABLE that is not for your machine but ladder see it because of activation and that is easy to remove.
    so alarm can be fake if you do not have a gearbox,you need to look in the book at DATA TABLE where you can have an option for machine with gearbox and with no gearbox

as a tip:gearboxes can not use low level switch because the oil must be cooled from the gears that are getting hot during spinning so you must have also a spindle oil cooler for that in the back of the machine that will have for sure the flow control sensor for oil that can give you that alarm.

Downloads
    Uploads

You better change your batteries before too long.

Downloads
    Uploads

I see you have a batery alarm.
    When you say you input the parameters, did you also input the pmc parameters? These pmc parameters should be in the DIAGNOSTICS screen.
    You probably are missing these parameters.

Regards

AlexFANUC