Fanuc Test Stand

Thread: Fanuc Test Stand

Default Fanuc Test Stand

Hi, I've recently started work for an industrial repair company and have been tasked with making a test stand for Fanuc Alpha Series in order to run a motor forwards and backwards. I have:

A06B-6077-H106 Power Supply Module
    A61L-0001-0093 CRT Monitor - Series 18T
    A06B-6078-H206 Spindle Amplifier
    A16B-1212-0901 Power Supply
    A16B-2202-0860 CPU

I dont yet have a motor and I don't know how to work out which spindle motor to use! (Help!?) I currently have the CRT screen connected to the CPU and I get lots of information on the screen. I know I can connect the Servo Amplifier to the CPU but will it recognise it is present? Is there a screen on the Fanuc Series 18-T that will show all the units connected to it? At least if I can do this then I can prove the communication is working.

Does anyone know of anyway to learn more about the older Fanuc models?

Any help would be most appreciated!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by learning_elec View Post
    Hi, I've recently started work for an industrial repair company and have been tasked with making a test stand for Fanuc Alpha Series in order to run a motor forwards and backwards. I have:

A06B-6077-H106 Power Supply Module
    A61L-0001-0093 CRT Monitor - Series 18T
    A06B-6078-H206 Spindle Amplifier
    A16B-1212-0901 Power Supply
    A16B-2202-0860 CPU

I dont yet have a motor and I don't know how to work out which spindle motor to use! (Help!?) I currently have the CRT screen connected to the CPU and I get lots of information on the screen. I know I can connect the Servo Amplifier to the CPU but will it recognise it is present? Is there a screen on the Fanuc Series 18-T that will show all the units connected to it? At least if I can do this then I can prove the communication is working.

Does anyone know of anyway to learn more about the older Fanuc models?

Any help would be most appreciated!
    Hi Learning_ele,

You may have a ways to go until you have that working system. I am not trying to discourage you, I am just informing you this is not a simple task. To much information to list here. You need to make sure all those components work together. Did someone give you these components or have you researched this?
    I recommend reading multiple fanuc manuals, including, connections manuals, descriptions manuals, parameter manuals and functions manuals for your specific control.
    You have many parameters to set up for the system. Do you have some PLC for this? You do need to write logic as well for this system to operate. (Fanuc PMC). A servo amplifier and spindle amplifier are two different drives. One runs an axis servo motor one runs the spindle motor. The first test stand I put together I needed to have a consultant help. Of course I was very green at that point.

Default Re: Fanuc Test Stand

Hi Bill sorry for the long delay, are you able to point me in the direction of a consultant that can help or are you able to help? If so please PM your number and Ill call you

thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by learning_elec View Post
    Hi Bill sorry for the long delay, are you able to point me in the direction of a consultant that can help or are you able to help? If so please PM your number and Ill call you

thanks
    Well I am more familiar with the newer series controls I-series and newer.
    You still need to verify your hardware is compatable with each other servo amp - servo motor and spindle amp - spindle motor. You can find servo information in the alpha series servo amplifier descriptions manual. Do you have a keyboard or operator console? Should have hardkeys like system, position,MDI, offset/setting, buttons, a numeric keypad and such.
    If you do power it up and press system>scroll to PMC> PMC ladder> if the control was out of a old machine you should have some ladder program in there. Do not delete it you can get a feel for the basic signals you will need to use to get that thing out of Estop at least.
    You will need some software fanuc ladder to program it. You can do it from the screen I believe on those it's not to old.
    On your power supply you have some terminals CX3 and CX4 I'm just going off of memory here, one is for the Estop the other will pull in your contactor for line power to create the DC bus for your servos.I believe you need 230Vac and 24vdc in the upper terminals on the PS for the control section.
    Hopefully this will get you looking for things.