Need Help! 160i-MB Boot problem. HDD change?

Thread: 160i-MB Boot problem. HDD change?

Default 160i-MB Boot problem. HDD change?

Hello all,
    I have a Northwood Router that has a Fanuc 160i-MB controller. It has been having issues booting lately where it gets stuck in this endless boot cycle. I have searched this forum and others as well as talked to Northwood and the problem seems to point towards the HDD possibly going out. Northwood told me the only option for this controller was to do a retro fit to a new controller at $5000 in parts alone!

My questions is being that I think the HDD is still working sometimes can I not just get a new one and clone the old one on it and replace it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 160i-MB Boot problem. HDD change?

Although I have no personal experience with that model, my thought is that the hdd may have been formatted in a Fanuc proprietary way.
    If that is the case, there are still solutions that let you clone a hdd byte by byte. Used drives are on Ebay relatively cheaply.

"retro fit to a new controller at $5000 in parts alone!" Did you mean $50,000? $5k is cheap.

Default Re: 160i-MB Boot problem. HDD change?

Thank you memoryman.
    And I should have been more clear, the retrofit was just the HDD not the Display or MDI or anything else. Also, if we have to update to a newer operating system some of our other programs (like our laser positioning software) won't work.