Compensate feed on arc moves with full radius compensation (32i)

Thread: Compensate feed on arc moves with full radius compensation (32i)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Compensate feed on arc moves with full radius compensation (32i)

Is it possible to slow down arc moves when using full radius compensation with some parameter in this control? Control is 32i-A.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Compensate feed on arc moves with full radius compensation (32i)

The question is not very clear, because the answer cannot be as simple as using a lower feedrate.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for answering. No, it's not an option. I was really hoping there was a parameter so that the control would automatically compensate depending on value in the radius field. Without feed compensation, the time it takes to traverse the arc is the same with and without tool radius compensation, causing excessive stress to the inserts the bigger the tool radius is (during external arc moves). However, using wear compensation fixes the problem, but it's another issue for the operators...

Downloads
    Uploads

In radius compensation mode, the programmed feedrate is maintained along the defined arc where cutting is taking place. Feedrate of the centreline would be less or more than the programmed feedrate depending on whether it is internal or external machining..