FROM module replaced- machine will not run

Thread: FROM module replaced- machine will not run

Downloads
    Uploads

Default FROM module replaced- machine will not run

Dear friends,

One of our machines had a fried FROM module (A20B-2902_0341) and we found a used replacement in good working conditions but it appears that there is a program compatibility issue since the machine is showing this error, see picture.
    Also, when I go into the PMC area inside the control and try to look at the ladder, there is nothing in it. the ladder looks as if it was empty.
    At some point we loaded SRAM data by using a memory card and transferring all SRAM data from a similar machine we have. The problem is that this other machine is not the same thus it will not work.

I would like to ask for your advice in which way to go, I do have a complete set of the original program files that had been provided to us by the machine manufacturer, but these are only 3 files, CNC, PMC and PITCH ERROR, there is nothing else, and for what it looks like, we also need whatever info goes inside the FLASH-ROM module that we have replaced.

Thanks in advance for you comments and guidance.

Flex

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FROM module replaced-  machine will not run-pmc-error-jpg  
    Last edited by peloflex; 10-20-2017 at 11:28 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: FROM module replaced- machine will not run

WOW! You have bigger issues than you think. First I want to ask "How do you know that your Flash card is fried"? Second, Can you put the original FLASH ROM back in the controller and enter the BOOT mode?, If you can go to SYSTEM DATA CHECK and see if any of the files are there. If you can not see any files and you are correct, then you will have to obtain the ladder from the machine builder or a sister machine. Same goes with all the other files on that ROM. What came on the Flash ROM you bought is for a completely different machine than yours. you had a 0.00001% chance of it working. These files are machine specific. If you have a control serial number Fanuc might be able to get the Fanuc files but they won't be able to help you with the Ladder or any custom screens you may have. If you post the Machine and control type someone here may have one just like it.

Downloads
    Uploads

DRDOs, I have been helping him for weeks. He has an identical machine. ALL files from the 'good' flash should be transferred via pmcia card to the new flash, also in boot mode.

Downloads
    Uploads

Did you initialize the new FLASH ROM first? This will assure that nothing was left on it that doesn't belong.

Downloads
    Uploads

Two phone calls and numerous emails. I wasn't there.

Downloads
    Uploads

Gentlemen, I have some great news!!

Machine is up and running since yesterday afternoon. and Yes, memoryman you have been very helpful since with your hints and info we have been able to restore all functioning of this machine. In fact, the F-ROM initializing was the key for getting all the files from the sister machine we have, into this other and get it up and going.
    At some point I thought we were all out of luck, since according to Fanuc techs, there was no way to even get in touch with this code stored within F-ROM module, unless we had a special software and Fanuc interface. I felt I had reached a dead end, but luckily this was possible from the service menu. Many thanks!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Glad to hear, Alberto.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, can I get the certificate after initializing the flash ROM? Thank you for your help

Downloads
    Uploads

What does that mean?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Edinei View Post
    Hello, can I get the certificate after initializing the flash ROM? Thank you for your help
    Why would you initialize the flash ROM? Never do that.
    You will loose all the system files of the machine. You should always make a good backup of the control.
    To answer your question, we would need to know the type of control, year , type of machine, etc.

Regards

AlexFanuc

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by alexfanuc View Post
    Why would you initialize the flash ROM? Never do that.
    You will loose all the system files of the machine. You should always make a good backup of the control.
    To answer your question, we would need to know the type of control, year , type of machine, etc.

Regards

AlexFanuc

Tentando identificar um erro aí inicializar. No instante em que carregava o sistema grafico.
    E por falta de conhecimento.
    Agora preciso saber quanto custa para obter esse certificado fanuc.
    Obrigado.

Downloads
    Uploads

Tentando identificar um erro aí inicializar. No instante em que carregava o sistema grafico.
    E por falta de conhecimento.
    Agora preciso saber quanto custa para obter esse certificado fanuc.
    Obrigado.
    So , right now , Do you have a "certificate problem"?

Regards

AlexFanuc

Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=alexfanuc;2421908]So , right now , Do you have a "certificate problem"?

Regards

Infelizmente.

Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=Edinei;2422324]
    Quote Originally Posted by alexfanuc View Post
    So , right now , Do you have a "certificate problem"?

Regards

Infelizmente.
    If you have all the files, and if you already uploaded the SRAM files, then to clear the certificate you would have to call FANUC.
    It depends on the type of machine you have. Sometimes FANUC requests the machine tool builder to call them directly. In some other cases. the customer may call FANUC and request to clear the message.
    Sometimes the machine will work for a year before it stops working completly. Sometimes, you cannot make it work because of the certificate message.
    It is very important to have a backup of the memory of the machines that you have.
    You never answered: "To answer your question, we would need to know the type of control, year , type of machine, etc."

Regards

AlexFanuc

Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=alexfanuc;2422356]

If you have all the files, and if you already uploaded the SRAM files, then to clear the certificate you would have to call FANUC.
    It depends on the type of machine you have. Sometimes FANUC requests the machine tool builder to call them directly. In some other cases. the customer may call FANUC and request to clear the message.
    Sometimes the machine will work for a year before it stops working completly. Sometimes, you cannot make it work because of the certificate message.
    It is very important to have a backup of the memory of the machines that you have.
    You never answered: "To answer your question, we would need to know the type of control, year , type of machine, etc."

Regards

AlexFanuc
    Desculpas Alex.
    Máquina feeler FT30. Comando 0i-Tc 2007.
    Mas pelo visto não tem outra solução a não ser pagar a visita de um técnico mesmo.
    Vlw