Need Help! Fanuc 10M overtravel soft alarm on Kira KV3MC from 1985

Thread: Fanuc 10M overtravel soft alarm on Kira KV3MC from 1985

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc 10M overtravel soft alarm on Kira KV3MC from 1985

Hey everyone,

I keep getting this OT001 Z +OVERTRAVEL (soft 1) alarm when I try to auto zero return.

Back story, this machine has worked fine for the past five years. It has recently sat for a few months with no use. One morning I went to turn it on to use it and it's been doing this ever since.

So far I've tried to turn the controller off, press P and CAN at the same time to get it to clear but it has not worked.

Also, the three limit switches are not even touching the dogs.

Any help on helping me get this Z axis to zero?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fanuc 10M overtravel soft alarm on Kira KV3MC from 1985-image-jpg   Fanuc 10M overtravel soft alarm on Kira KV3MC from 1985-image-jpg   Fanuc 10M overtravel soft alarm on Kira KV3MC from 1985-image-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by powthief19 View Post
    Hey everyone,

I keep getting this OT001 Z +OVERTRAVEL (soft 1) alarm when I try to auto zero return.

Back story, this machine has worked fine for the past five years. It has recently sat for a few months with no use. One morning I went to turn it on to use it and it's been doing this ever since.

So far I've tried to turn the controller off, press P and CAN at the same time to get it to clear but it has not worked.

Also, the three limit switches are not even touching the dogs.

Any help on helping me get this Z axis to zero?
    I've been able to make some progress by powering the machine off, then holding "-" and "." While powering on.

Entering 4-input for settings, then selecting N for check soft or at startup. This fixes my soft ot issue but it keeps happening intermittently.

Any ideas?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fanuc 10M overtravel soft alarm on Kira KV3MC from 1985-img_0512-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc 10M overtravel soft alarm on Kira KV3MC from 1985

The soft over travel is set by parameters. The P CAN doesn't work on that machine. The . - setting is good till zero has been established. I can't answer why is happens now, but I can answer how to fix it. This alarm is triggered when you Z axis "Machine" position enters an area out side a parameter setting. Parameter 5220 is the plus direction and 5221 is the minus. This means how far plus and how far minus can you go from machine zero. Try putting a larger number in 5220.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any fanuc experts out there?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any fanuc experts out there?

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm no Fanuc expert, but.. In your original post you mention that the machine has been unused for some months... have you checked the limit switches operation? You could have a switch that is stuck closed (or open I suppose) so the machine thinks it is at the Z limit. If you have the electrical diagram you could trace the limit switch back to the particular input module. Although now that I think about my 11m... the input module doesn't have indicator lights on it.. You may need to look at the ladder or diagnostic screen.

cj