Dual path 31i-B M01 Optional stop freezing opposing path

Thread: Dual path 31i-B M01 Optional stop freezing opposing path

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Dual path 31i-B M01 Optional stop freezing opposing path

My Doosan TT1800SY in U/L mode (simultaneous operation) when an M01 is pushed, the first path to reach it stops at M01, the other path freezes mid cut. It's unsafe, non-conducive to efficient production machining, etc.

I called Fanuc tech support, they were unable to find a solution. If anyone knows a parameter change that will allow M01 to be reached on both paths, that would be great to know. Aparently Nakamura runs on a Fanuc 31i-B and optional stop allows both paths to stop at M01 on Nakamura machines. This must be possible but it's an obstacle to getting the machine cutting right now.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Dual path 31i-B M01 Optional stop freezing opposing path

Just synchronise both path, with the M-code, before M01 is reached.

M01 also stop the spindle, so the slower path can't carry-on

Downloads
    Uploads

Synchronizing with wait codes will cost cycle time, add programming complexity, and is not a good solution. The Nakamura machine proves that both paths CAN run on Fanuc to optional stop. I need to know how to get the TT1800SY to run that way when Op stop is pressed.

Downloads
    Uploads

The M01 function is written in the ladder. Normally this is tied to the single block (G046.1SBK) For the second path to work you must enable SBK for the second head. G1046.1. They may have set it up so it only works for the path that is called up on the screen. Could also be a Keep Relay settings that selects what you want to accomplish. I would have to see the ladder to tell.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    The M01 function is written in the ladder. Normally this is tied to the single block (G046.1SBK) For the second path to work you must enable SBK for the second head. G1046.1. They may have set it up so it only works for the path that is called up on the screen. Could also be a Keep Relay settings that selects what you want to accomplish. I would have to see the ladder to tell.
    That is good information to have, I appreciate that. We looked at it- on first glance it appears to be set up to handle optional stop on both paths so it may be a keep relay causing the freezing in cut.

According to Doosan and Ellison, this is the way all tt1800sy machines are configured. So freezing in cut when the opposing (read chronologically second) path hits m01 is normal. It will be a huge improvement to get the machine reading to m01 on both paths. That way wait codes will be unneccessary and run time will not be lost to use the optional stop feature.

We use optional stop for program optimization edits during debugging, measuring and inputting critical tool offsets on insert change, emergency checks when an unanticipated but slight unusual process noise occurs, to halt a program if a coolant leak is detected etc. Stopping both paths on m01 allows rapid return to cutting without walking a tool out of a cut and re-referencing a turret.

Going job to job rapidly is best supported by tools like m01 working properly to support operator control.

I was demonstrated a Nakamura wy100 by an executive from nakamura japan, and the program stop and restart functions were proudly demonstrated (among myriad other insanely high technologies on the machine). I didnt understand why that was special until I realized what it was like to see a machine operate with a dysfunctional optional stop.

Downloads
    Uploads

sounds like they FEED HOLD the machine with M01 when they should have used Single Block. I sent you a PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    sounds like they FEED HOLD the machine with M01 when they should have used Single Block. I sent you a PM.
    Yeah whichever path gets to m01 first takes that- the other acts like a feed hold at that point in time.

Downloads
    Uploads

Doosan and Ellison had a different ladder to upload to make M01 functional. This situation is resolved now. It's like magic to see it run 2 paths to M01 now, but before I experienced this I took M01 for granted as a standard feature that would always be there when you need it. Huge improvement in operator control with M01.

Downloads
    Uploads

We worked for only a day or two and realized Tool load monitoring kicks a similar feed hold on the opposing path requiring another ladder update. This has been in progress for a while. Tool load monitoring alarms also kick tool life tracking to expired so you lose your tool life data in the event of any false alarms with TLM. The custom button one day blacked out the control on the machine while it was running in cut. We had to hit M01 and power down and restart to get the Fanuc 31I display back.

It seems that Doosan did with their software some things that take solutions to Fanuc problems and place them in the hands of the builder and reseller. Those issues are annoying. When a parameter issue is now a ladder issue, and a 2 hour problem becomes something Fanuc can't support and that becomes a relatively lengthy support ticket with the builder and re-seller. Obviously that is only an issue when the ladder that comes with the machine is settup in an illogical manner that end users want to change for obvious reasons.