Need Help! Fanuc OT soft limit 3

Thread: Fanuc OT soft limit 3

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc OT soft limit 3

Have a leadwell ltc 15 with fanuc OT. I got the machine with no parameters. Bought the parameters and have been adapting them to my specific machine. It's operational now and running programs but a random error keeps popping up.

its "1003 soft limit 3" . It occurs in different places in the machines envelope, searched through the parameter and maintenance manual and can't find any info on it, think it's an external alarm because it's greater than alarm 999

the video shows the alarm occurring, it's just a loop program in rapid. Took a few tries to get the alarm to show up but it stops any program dead in its tracks. It will also happen sometimes if it's being jogged around.

soft limits work perfect and stop it before it hits any hard limits (approx 5mm between soft and hard)

booting up with can+p hasn't stopped the alarm occurring

thanks for any help

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=l25UOLSyfpM

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc OT soft limit 3

The ladder is posting this alarm that is why you don't find it in the Fanuc books. I am betting that a setting in diagnostic is set to use this feature. Did you by chance get those with your parameters? The Diagnostic file are what the ladder uses for timers, counters, Keep Relays, and general data usage.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, diagnostic file came with the parameters. I'll double check the entries.

Downloads
    Uploads

i have found a temporary solution to this, i switched off "External Message Input" in parameter 909 bit 6

if i find an actual solution i will post it back here.

thanks