Post processor building

Thread: Post processor building

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Post processor building

Hello fellow Fanuc buddies!
    I'm working on a company where have a Hitachi super highcell 250 it's a 5 axis machine whit Fanuc operating system. We have a cam system called ez-cam. The problem is that we have no post processor that work. When we brought it we had a person who worked at our company that said that he would be able to fix it since ez-cam told us from start that they where not able to help us.

So my question is there anyone here that might be able to help me whit some basic questions that will appear on the way since iv no experience in cam system or post processors.... haha

Btw Swedish is my first language so I'm sorry for all bad English in the text above..

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Post processor building

Well.. usefull information would be, amongst things, the version of the control e.g. Fanuc 15M or 0i. It's probably not the latter, but that should be helping a bit.
    I used to have ezcam, and from what I recall it has a folder in de ezcamX folder named "metricmillpost" (or something like that) and that had about 200 post processor files in there. Same for inches, and also a bunch for lathes. Go to the installation directory and search for "*.cnc" (without the "" of course) for an easy search of the folders containing such files.
    IIRC, there should be a program named TBUILD or MBUILD in there somewhere too, allowing you to make/edit the postprocessors. Not an easy task by any means, but it could help you.

If you can't find those, I can see if I can find them somewhere on an old backup CD (yea, I still have CDs hahaha).