FANUC 6M Control will not power on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FANUC 6M Control will not power on

Downloads
    Uploads

Default FANUC 6M Control will not power on

Hello,

I've recently acquired a Mori Seiki MV-40 with a Fanuc 6M B control. I haven't been able to power up the control yet, though. There is an alarm light on one of the boards in the right side cabinet, A14B-0061-B103 (03), with a green PIL light and a red ALM light on just below it. The ALM light comes on as soon as I try to turn on the control, and goes away if I press the off button on the control. This does not happen if I unplug the only connector on it, CP1, which goes to another power board, A20B-007-033. I've tried removing all the connections on the 5v, 24v, and 0v rails, but the same thing happens. No components appear bulging or burnt to my eye.

I'm not sure how to proceed in troubleshooting this issue without just throwing money at replacing one of these two boards. The manual I have for the machine only goes into troubleshooting alarm codes for the control, and a few alarm codes in the rear cabinet.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
    Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: FANUC 6M Control will not power on

The FANUC power supply is faulty.

Look at the power supply while someone else is switching the control on and off. The alarm led on the PSU is probably flashing once when the power ON button is pressed.

Also check the +15V -15V

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the quick reply, hrh.

There are two red led's that flash on momentarily before power cuts out on the A20B-0007-033 board ( Is this what you're referring to as the FANUC power supply? ), one after the other. There's nothing but a the led number on the board next to them.

How can I check the +- 15v pegs if the board immediately cuts out? I haven't been able to check any of the rails for this reason.

Downloads
    Uploads

I took a step back and started over. I've got the power stabilization unit to stay on now, with no alarm at the power input unit. Voltages look okay, 10v, 5v, +15v, -15v, 24v. The alarm light on the power input unit trips if I plug in the white plug on the stabilization board, CP35, or if I hook up either 24v terminals going to the connection unit boards down below. It will stay on with everything other than those connected. I'm not sure what steps to take next as the manual I'm looking at doesn't really go very far in troubleshooting the alarm light on the input board; only shows where to check the voltages. Screen on control unit is turning on now, showing error 902 (Fault in bubble device - Page size error, undefined command) though I think that's probably because I don't have power to everything right now. I'm not sure that the problem is with the power supply at this point. Any advice?

Stabilization Unit: A14B-0061-B001
    Input Unit: A14B-0061-B103
    Connection Unit: A20B-0007-0040
    Master PCB: A20B-0008-0410

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi dear . I need ergently wiring diagram fanuc w1(wirecutting) year 1988 .to repair servo alarm alarm v 440 and 441 .

Downloads
    Uploads

I've got the master board turning on now, but I'm still not sure why the two 24v wires running down to the connection units are causing the alarm. I'm guessing something somewhere must be shorting out but I've got no idea what or how to find it. Still open to advice, thanks again!

Sorry, arian, I don't have that wiring diagram.

Downloads
    Uploads

Is there anything on screen yet

Downloads
    Uploads

The screen is showing errors for x, y, and z limit switches and servos. I've got the two 24v wires hooked up now without tripping the alarm by unplugging cable 10 from the connection unit. I'm currently trying to look up what runs through it. I'll trace it through the guts of the cabinets if I can't find the diagram.

Downloads
    Uploads

So the cable, MC10, goes into the rear cabinet and plugs in above the terminal rails. It comes down as 50 identical small blue wires and connects to the terminal rail and also goes into the swinging door full of relays, contactors, and breakers. I can't find a pinout for the plug in the service manual I found or my operator's manual so I'm trying to figure it out with a multimeter now.

After combing through the pins in MC10 at the back cabinet, the alarm light on the input isn't being tripped after disconnecting the wire going to 281 on the terminal strip, following that appears to go into the tool changer. Setting that aside for the moment, I'm now looking at errors 401, 410, 411, 420, 421, 430, and 431, coming up on the screen. I have the two 24v wires hooked up now so everything should be receiving power and I believe they are genuine. The three velocity control boards are not giving a prdy light. My manual suggests a connection problem between the master pcb and the three velocity boards, or a bad master board. Looking into that next.

Last edited by Ramseis; 09-22-2017 at 03:32 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

If the + 24V does not go to the BMU, it won't work properly. By powering the control up without the + 24V, you may have lost the data (parameters, programs etc.) from the BMU. That would result in all these alarms.
    So, first restore the BMU data.

Downloads
    Uploads

In that case, I will check the parameters next. Thanks memoryman.

I sat down and verified the cable from the master board to each velocity control board is good. Started checking voltages and the 24v pin on the spindle control board is at 29v. All other pins checked out good and the board isn't throwing an alarm.

Edit:
    I've checked the parameters and it's basically all 0's, no data. I don't have a complete list for what they should be. It's a 1981 Mori Seiki MV-40 vertical mill; Fanuc control model 6m, series 901, version 13. Suppose I'll have to call Mori Seiki or Fanuc for them.

Last edited by Ramseis; 09-23-2017 at 03:57 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

So, you have lost your parameters. They should be restored; since you don't have them, find someone with the same machine and control (preferably the same software series 901. If you can't find them, they will have to be recreated on-site; a long process.

Downloads
    Uploads

I called and put in a ticket with Mori, they said someone would get back to me next week but I think I was just talking to a receptionist so I don't know if they can help. I'm not sure how to find someone with the same machine. If it comes to recreating them, is there a guide I can follow somewhere? I've got an operator's manual for my specific machine that doesn't go into much detail past actually running the machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

The maintenance manual has a decent description of the parameters Except the options, which are 'secret'...send me a pm with your email.
    The the control as a Fanuc PC Model A or B, you will have to get the PC parameters as well; they can not be recreated.
    Do you have any params?

Downloads
    Uploads

The only parameters that are not 00000000 or 0 are:

14 - 00000111
    15 - 00000111
    16 - 00000111
    27 - 2
    28 - 2
    29 - 2
    and parameter 168 has no value, it's just a blank field.

There are values in many of the diagnostic numbers, a couple are jumping around.
    - 704 flickers between 00000000 and 00000010
    - 804 jumps around 3370, ranging +-10

And the control is a model B, according to the operating manual that came with it.

Downloads
    Uploads

I will answer you pm later.

Downloads
    Uploads

I am still fiddling with parameters and a limit switch problem, but I have the table, head, and spindle moving now. However I'm trying to get the ATC going now and I'm starting to think I don't have the correct manual for my machine. Just about all of the information lines up, but the parameter list inside is for an MV-50, and it talks only about an ATC with a drop arm, while the whole carriage on my machine looks like it just slides up to the spindle instead. I've attached pictures to make it clear. Should I have a manual for a 40/45 instead? The fiberglass hood that covers the ATC reads "MV-40".

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FANUC 6M Control will not power on-10x7ub6-jpg   FANUC 6M Control will not power on-eio49-jpg   FANUC 6M Control will not power on-ng6qft-jpg  

Activation process Arunkumar0514's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Ramseis View Post
    I took a step back and started over. I've got the power stabilization unit to stay on now, with no alarm at the power input unit. Voltages look okay, 10v, 5v, +15v, -15v, 24v. The alarm light on the power input unit trips if I plug in the white plug on the stabilization board, CP35, or if I hook up either 24v terminals going to the connection unit boards down below. It will stay on with everything other than those connected. I'm not sure what steps to take next as the manual I'm looking at doesn't really go very far in troubleshooting the alarm light on the input board; only shows where to check the voltages. Screen on control unit is turning on now, showing error 902 (Fault in bubble device - Page size error, undefined command) though I think that's probably because I don't have power to everything right now. I'm not sure that the problem is with the power supply at this point. Any advice?

Stabilization Unit: A14B-0061-B001
    Input Unit: A14B-0061-B103
    Connection Unit: A20B-0007-0040
    Master PCB: A20B-0008-0410
    How did you solve the red ALM light problem in power supply?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Arunkumar0514 View Post
    How did you solve the red ALM light problem in power supply?
    The cause of my ALM light was a proximity switch in the ATC that failed in short circuit. I tracked it down just by process of elimination, which was probably risky for my components and definitely cost me the machine's original parameters, but it worked.

There are numbered jump pins on the stabilization unit that can help narrow down the cause of your ALM light, but it is a rather general alarm. I'll find a link for the document that goes into detail about the jump pins.

I'd be happy to help if you have more information about your problem.

I had another thread while working on getting my MV40 running over here, if anything there might help: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/mori-...anuc-6m-b.html

EDIT:
    Here is a document with a wealth of information I found very useful: https://www.rgbautomatyka.pl/en/p/fi...+DATASHEET.pdf
    It has troubleshooting steps for the ALM light on the input unit as well. Although it's a manual for the 6T lathe, the base components are the same. However, be careful and rely on your own manual if you have one, since this is for a different albeit similar machine. But, it has served me well so far.

Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE = memoryman; 2096204] Entonces, has perdido tus parámetros. Deben ser restaurados; ya que no los tiene, encuentre a alguien con la misma máquina y control (preferiblemente el mismo software de la serie 901. Si no puede encontrarlos, tendrá que volver a crearlos en el sitio; un proceso largo. [/ QUOTE]

Solved your problem, check your problem, it is necessary to check the voltages of 10.00v pin A0, A10 of the CP36, adjust with A10 ADJ, check 5v with respect to ground, adjust with 5ADJ, if these values ??are high or low the alarm will be triggered and the control goes off.disconnect cp35 and check if the control stays on, if the control stays on, perform tests with the voltage monitor jumpers S1- S7 to check what voltage is causing the alarm
    Solved your problem, check your problem, it is necessary to check the voltages of 10.00v pin A0, A10 of the CP36, adjust with A10 ADJ, check 5v with respect to ground, adjust with 5ADJ, if these values ??are high or low the alarm will be triggered and the control goes off.disconnect cp35 and check if the control stays on, if the control stays on, perform tests with the voltage monitor jumpers S1- S7 to check what voltage is causing the alarm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast