Nakamura TMC-15 Drip Feed?

Thread: Nakamura TMC-15 Drip Feed?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Nakamura TMC-15 Drip Feed?

Hey all, had another question for the masses.

I have a Kitamura Mycenter 2, OMB controller, and it drip feeds easy. Made a cable, flipped the switch from TAPE to EXTERNAL, put it on AUTO, let it run.

Just recently picked up 2 Nakamura Lathes, both fanuc control. One is OT, one is 6T, I dont have the 6T one powered yet, so Im working on the OT machine. Its 1996 year, so its got ladder access, and has a DB25 port on the side for loading programs, no tape reader.

The weird thing is, there is no "Auto" or "Tape" function on the panel. Theres only MDI, MEM, MEM RESTART, and EDIT. Ive tried to load programs through the programs page and using I/O then READ, and it can see some data coming in, but I dont know the correct format for this control (which is weird since my OMB and this OT should be pretty much the same). I can load a program saying O1234, M03, S500, M30. And it will record the program number then error out. Which im not overly concerned about im sure its a setting.

The BIG issue is, how do I get this to run in full drip feed mode? I have no idea how much memory I have, but 99% of the stuff I run I just post to my server and drip it to all my other machines from the PCs that are next to them. Since there is no AUTO mode or TAPE mode, how does it read from an external source, other than just loading a program into memory. I dont do a lot of the same parts over and over, so constantly deleting and adding programs is a pain for me.

Ive looked up the specs online for the OT controls DNC settings, the one I cant find in the ladder is the G127.5. There are 2 links, with 4 different options. I currently have it set for 5 wire RS232, 4800, even, 7, 2 stop bits, xon/xoff. same settings and speeds as my OM controller, but I MAY have that one set up with the 3 wire. ill have to look tomorrow. The big thing is how to trigger it to start. On my OMB, i have to go to tape, hit cycle start, send program, then hit cycle start again.

Anyone ever drip feed one of these.
    Pic of the controls:

Nakamura TMC-15 Drip Feed?-20170828_080934-jpg
    Nakamura TMC-15 Drip Feed?-20170828_081558-jpg