Need Help! Femco Lathe w/Fanuc control blowing breakers at startup and idle. - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Femco Lathe w/Fanuc control blowing breakers at startup and idle.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Femco Lathe w/Fanuc control blowing breakers at startup and idle.

I don't know why posting it here flips the pic sideways. But in this pic the bottom left corner {real life top left of cabinet} is the master disconnect switch. Top right of the pic is where power enters from the wall panel.

The machine has an on button up front. When you press it the first time, the control boots up. The monitor lights up, says servo's not ready and gives you a version number. At this point the machine will sit and idle, no troubles.

To ready the machine for use you press the ON button again. A large contactor clunks, the hydraulics come online and the servos come on as well. At this point it goes through its sequence bringing you to the DRO screen and you are now ready to zero return the machine under normal circumstances. Its this second push of the ON button when **** goes haywire. The first time {since this started happening} i pressed the ON button {the second press} the machine blew the breaker on the wall immediately. Second time, same thing. Third time the machine booted up and ran long enough for me to zero return it, then it tripped the breaker and shut down.

Everything in the machine is working, from what i can tell. The only thing i haven't been able to test is the spindle, so i assume if a drive took a ****. Thats the one it would be. {the other axis seem to move fine, again, no alarm codes at all}

Ive read some mention of status led's on Fanuc drives, but i don't think they power up "on the first button press". And I'm not really keen to put power to this thing again in fear of doing even more damage until i get some clue as to whats tripping it out.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Femco Lathe w/Fanuc control blowing breakers at startup and idle.-20170830_090215-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Fanuc PSU on the far left, if you want to isolate the Fanuc part from the machine, disconnect the 3 INCOMING AC cables at the bottom of the PSU, L1, L2, L3, should be red, white, blue . This will be hot so tape off end and secure. Then power everything back on and see if it trips the breaker.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

or try to start isolating motors from the machine, like hydraulic motor which should turn on once the start button is selected that second time.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well **** balls my dudes. Disconnected the 3 big power lines between the 75a contactor and reactor. Fired the machine up.

Pumps come on, everything seems to be doing its thing. Not blowing breakers. So i assume the fault is in one of the 3 Fanuc PSU's or Amplifiers.

Weird thing is the drives all report -- with the green LED lit. Which seems to indicate good, just not ready.

i guess tomorrow i will reinstall the cables and fire the machine up to see if it still blows breakers, or magically fixed itself??

Barring that it seems to be time to pull the covers off the drives and see what i can't screw up inside of those.

Downloads
    Uploads

Alright got it figured out. Power supply has 2 blown IGBT's.

So the question now is can i replace my A06B-6087-H115 /B 63A with a A06B-6087-H126 /C 102A?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Kawgomoo View Post
    Alright got it figured out. Power supply has 2 blown IGBT's.

So the question now is can i replace my A06B-6087-H115 /B 63A with a A06B-6087-H126 /C 102A?
    Yes you can replace a A06B-6087-H115 /B 63A with a A06B-6087-H126 /C 102A power supply.

Downloads
    Uploads

Will i need to make any parameter changes or will it just be plug and play with a higher Ampacity?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Kawgomoo View Post
    Will i need to make any parameter changes or will it just be plug and play with a higher Ampacity?
    No changes required. same footprint too.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    No changes required. same footprint too.

Awesome news!

Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

Just wanted to close this thread out. Dr. Dos was right on the money. The A06B-6087-H126 power supply unit dropped right in and worked like a charm. No other changes necessary. Been busy getting caught up

Downloads
    Uploads

Good day, you can help me with an example of how to program so that the dumper comes out when it is positioned in the container where the pieces fall, currently I have it programmed with M34, and only air comes out when it returns to its position after throwing the piece , it would be with M73 and M72, they have an example that they provide me, it is a citizen lathe A20.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12