Need Help! Parameter help

Thread: Parameter help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Parameter help

I have a Clausing Multiturn CNC2000XS. I need some guidance with the handy screen. We have the tool offsets and parameters locked out so over zealous button pushers can't change things they're not supposed to. When I need to adjust the tool offsets I follow the procedure for making edit. I am in MDI and then in the handy screen I change parameter write from 0 to a 1 and make whatever adjustments and then change parameter write back to 0. Something has happened where I can't change the state of parameter write. When I input a 1 using the hard input key the value never changes. When I use the soft input the parameter never changes thus not allowing me to make any changes to tool offsets. I have tried this with the estops in and out. I have tried doing a power cycle and all with the same result. There are a hand full of people that know how and are allowed to make these changes. I believe someone has accidentally made a change to one of the parameters and then locked the write enable and I don't know what that would be. I appreciate any guidance.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Parameter help

you may want to look for a program lock key, a physical key that is in the wrong position.

Downloads
    Uploads

PWE Write Protect Bit
    Parameter 3299 bit 7
    PK5 The KEYPRM signal (memory protection signal, parameter write
    setting) is:
    0 : Disabled.
    1 : Enabled.

Must be changed in the Offset/Setting page.

OR
    PWE Write Protect Bit
    Parameter 3299 bit 0
    PKY The KEYPRM signal (memory protection signal, parameter write
    setting) is:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cincyice58 View Post
    you may want to look for a program lock key, a physical key that is in the wrong position.
    I tried the key in both positions. Guys at Fanuc are stumped about this one too. Thanks for the help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

With the parameter write locked will the control allow me to change anything? We have a second machine with similar control. Subtle differences here and there. I tried to compare and make changes to match one to the other and I would get a parameter write message. cincyice58 mentioned the physical key. Would this have to be unlocked as well to change parameter 3299? Bit 0 on this parameter is currently 0. Bit 7 is currently 1

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    PWE Write Protect Bit
    Parameter 3299 bit 7
    PK5 The KEYPRM signal (memory protection signal, parameter write
    setting) is:

OR
    PWE Write Protect Bit
    Parameter 3299 bit 0
    PKY The KEYPRM signal (memory protection signal, parameter write
    setting) is:

With the parameter write locked will the control allow me to change anything? We have a second machine with similar control. Subtle differences here and there. I tried to compare and make changes to match one to the other and I would get a parameter write message. cincyice58 mentioned the physical key. Would this have to be unlocked as well to change parameter 3299? Bit 0 on this parameter is currently 0. Bit 7 is currently 1

Downloads
    Uploads

If you go to where you turn on PWE on you can page down to this parameter and change it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Can you post a picture of the machine and I will speak to 600 who made the machine
    Have you tried changing the Parameter write enable to 1 with the emergency stop in

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    If you go to where you turn on PWE on you can page down to this parameter and change it.

Thanks for the help .I think I got it. I was going from the handy screen and pushing system button to get to 3299. That's where I was going wrong. I scrolled to 3299 and it accepted the change and then I was able to change parameter write in the handy screen. I believe this got changed when one of our maintenance guys changed it instead of bit 6 GOF on 3290. Thanks again.

Last edited by frontierstorm; 08-22-2017 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Mistake