Need Help! 0T control wont load program properly

Thread: 0T control wont load program properly

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 0T control wont load program properly

I have a Hardinge lathe with a 0T-B control. Using Cadem dnc software on a pc with a USB-25 pin serial converter cable to a null modem adapter inline. I can download programs to the PC just fine and it goes instantly. Loading programs into the control is not working. I can get only up to about 10 lines of comments and code into the control. Using recommended settings from Cadem with 2400 baud rate. Program protect key off. I use this exact same (duplicate) setup to load/download from my HAAS control and it works fine both ways. (different settings). The 0T control flashes "LSK" then "INPUT" while loading but never stops. It does seem to get more lines if I let it go a couple minutes but I know something is wrong. I assume that since loading to the PC works fine that the cable/adapter combo is not the problem. Thanks in advance and sorry if this is a duplicate thread but the search function doesn't return any results.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 0T control wont load program properly

Settings are:
    2400 baud
    even parity
    7 data bits
    2 stop bits
    hardware handshake
    Xon=no

Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds like its not geting an X/ON or "Handshake"

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a ot-d. When i send a program from pc to controll it will wig out if i have a "o" instead of "0" anywhere in the gcode. Took me a while to figure out wtf was going on. Dead givaway is if the program number dosnt match

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok got it going. Turns out "hardware handshake" is ok for control-pc, but "no handshake" works both ways.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi

Hardinge Conquest T42 Fanuc OT sistem

I need the optional parameters 900-920 if someone has the same type of machine with this system

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Welder2022 View Post
    Ok got it going. Turns out "hardware handshake" is ok for control-pc, but "no handshake" works both ways.
    Hello Welder2022,
    No Handshaking is NOT going to be viable in the Long, or even Short Term. I'd suggest the only reason its working is the relatively slow Baud Rate (2400) you're using and that the program you're loading is reasonably small.

"Null modem adapter inline" really doesn't explain the cable you're using and therefore, the type of Handshaking you should be using. Null Modem is a generic term and refers to any cable where the data lines (Send and Received) are inverted (End for End). Following are three basic Null Modem Cables:

1. No Handshake
    1. Loop-Back Handshake (Software Handshaking - Xon/Xoff)
    2. Full Handshake (Hardware Handshaking)

The correct configuration for all the above cables allows them to be referred to as Null Modem.

Post a description of your cable pin-out for the correct settings for your Control and PC.

Regards,

Bill