Need Help! mori seiki SL150 with MSC518 control need to reset tool turret position

Thread: mori seiki SL150 with MSC518 control need to reset tool turret position

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default mori seiki SL150 with MSC518 control need to reset tool turret position

Hi all, I have a Mori seiki SL150 with a MSC518 (I assume its a Fanuc 18i) and the battery retaining its home position was dead when I got it. All of the other batteries seemed ok, but I went ahead and replaced all 3 of the batteries, but now need to get my turret position back. Right now it is on tool #7, the little LED position indicator says its on 7, so I am not sure if it is really "lost" but the TRCL light is blinking and I found one little sentence in one of the books I have for it that says that means the turret isn't clamped correctly. I am wondering if I just need to un-clamp and re-clamp the turret and things would be ok... Either way, I need to get rid of my "APC 300 3 axis need ZRN" alarm. I managed to finally figure out the Parameter 1815 and reset my X and Z home positions, I can now jog the machine around and home the 2 axis' and things like that, but I am lost about how to reset my turret . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: mori seiki SL150 with MSC518 control need to reset tool turret position

Same with my case

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: mori seiki SL150 with MSC518 control need to reset tool turret position

Not sure how to add an attachment, but if you send me a message with your email address I can send you a procedure I have when I worked for a Mori distributor.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tristarcnc View Post
    Not sure how to add an attachment, but if you send me a message with your email address I can send you a procedure I have when I worked for a Mori distributor.
    Thanks!! will send to you right now!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sir,

Could you send to my email address..Really appreciate your effort.. najippsp@gmail.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by najip View Post
    Sir,

Could you send to my email address..Really appreciate your effort.. najippsp@gmail.com
    I also have the same issue on a SL-150 can I also get the procedure to recover tool #1??? Controls=MSC-518(think its also a 18i)

Downloads
    Uploads

I have the same issue,can anyone send me the procedure please. email= bpreslar@safefleet.net

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tristarcnc View Post
    Could you email me a copy of the reset procedure. I am in the same situation. Mori Seiki SL-153. Machine is stuck with Tool #2 at current position and I cant get the turret to index with the handwheel back to tool #1.

Thanks,

Email: TD3569@gmail.com