Need Help! AMADA PEGA indescribably obtuse machine

Thread: AMADA PEGA indescribably obtuse machine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default AMADA PEGA indescribably obtuse machine

Hi Any and all,
    This machine has me at my wits end, it's just problem after problem after problem, X100!!
    Like when you cut off a hydras head and two more grow back!
    First question: How do I make the clamps go from "open" to "closed" on my ****ty 6M controller from the early 1500s? Simple question, but the manual has the wrong answer and I am convinced Amada cruises Google, deleting any info about their machines, because after 4 decades in the business, you would think there would be some inkling of information online, but nothing, sweet nothing but links to the same useless manual!
    Second question, Why won't my axes move? I've done all the good boy scout things and gotten to the point where "NC ready" light comes on. but when I follow the instructions in the manual to the tee, (OT Release etc) I get this obnoxious little error message: "06 interlock" wtf does that even mean?

What am I doing wrong overall with this 12 tonne paperweight, It was supposed to be in currently running condition when we received it, but it has given me fiery brimstone hell at every attempt to even just turn the damn thing on. What am I missing? why is the manual so useless? I set up an entire Mach3 plasma cutter, with canned routines and torch height control in just one week, this machine has taken a year and is still no closer to working than the day we got it!!!! I'm on the verge of giving up. If it wasn't made of 2 inch steel, I would probably have smashed it by now!
    AMADA wants to charge 20 000 dollars to send a technician over from Japan, all the local technicians may as well be street sweepers they are so useless and I am slowly cracking up here. Where is the holy grail with this thing, its making me hate my job, every night, I go to bed, dreading the next day, with this machine.
    Please help.

- - - Updated - - -

Amada Pega 357 Fanuc 6m

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: AMADA PEGA indescribably obtuse machine

Where are you located?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm in Fish Hoek, Capetown, South Africa.

Downloads
    Uploads

I would love to visit there.
    The clamps work with an M-code; try different ones. As thr M,S and T codes come out of the I/O board,that may have a bad relay on it. You'll need the electrical schematics.
    Amada Manuals User Guides Page 2 - CNC Manual has many manuals.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The "06 interlock" alarm sounds a lot like a safety switch thing. I'm not even sure I know what this machine is exactly, but on a machining center or lathe, there are usually little switches that tell the control if the door is closed. The control will then refuse to do certain things when the doors are open, and perhaps refuse to do certain other things when the doors are closed. Machinists generally attempt to disable or defeat these switches immediately upon arrival of the machine, because they're annoying and we think we know better than to turn on the high pressure coolant with the doors open. In CNC machine parlance, these switches and the control's reactions to them are known as interlocks for some reason. Maybe there's a broken switch or something open that's supposed to be closed?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi BinaryAndy

Thanks for your response, the PEGA is a sheet metal punch press. I've checked for wonky microswitches and found nothing so far. what makes this interlock behaviour so strange is it applies to +X and -X and -Y, but it still allows me to Drive the Y+ until it overtravels, at which point, the only way to get it to do anything else is to turn it off, push the carriage by hand and then turn it back on again. Maybe I've missed something, but I can't imagine what.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Memoryman, They used to close at every startup, then just stopped, but the circuit seems to be fine. I'll check again. going to start probing signals with the scope tomorrow, see if I can find anything out.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello:
    I'm having a problem with my pega 244. On the repositioning stage it brings down the press clamps and opens up holding clamps but it goes on a pause, and gives me an error that says 2042 watchdog timer. What does that mean and how can I fix it. if anyone knows please help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello:
    I'm having a problem with my pega 244. On the repositioning stage it brings down the press clamps and opens up holding clamps but it goes on a pause, and gives me an error that says 2042 watchdog timer. What does that mean and how can I fix it. if anyone knows please help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver_Matthews View Post
    Hi Any and all,
    This machine has me at my wits end, it's just problem after problem after problem, X100!!
    First question: How do I make the clamps go from "open" to "closed" on my ****ty 6M controller from the early 1500s? Simple question, but the manual has the wrong answer and I am convinced Amada cruises Google, deleting any info about their machines, because after 4 decades in the business, you would think there would be some inkling of information online, but nothing, sweet nothing but links to the same useless manual!
    Second question, Why won't my axes move? I've done all the good boy scout things and gotten to the point where "NC ready" light comes on. but when I follow the instructions in the manual to the tee, (OT Release etc) I get this obnoxious little error message: "06 interlock" wtf does that even mean?

What am I doing wrong overall with this 12 tonne paperweight, It was supposed to be in currently running condition when we received it, but it has given me fiery brimstone hell at every attempt to even just turn the damn thing on. What am I missing? why is the manual so useless? I set up an entire Mach3 plasma cutter, with canned routines and torch height control in just one week, this machine has taken a year and is still no closer to working than the day we got it!!!! I'm on the verge of giving up. If it wasn't made of 2 inch steel, I would probably have smashed it by now!
    AMADA wants to charge 20 000 dollars to send a technician over from Japan, all the local technicians may as well be street sweepers they are so useless and I am slowly cracking up here. Where is the holy grail with this thing, its making me hate my job, every night, I go to bed, dreading the next day, with this machine.
    Please help.

- - - Updated - - -

Amada Pega 357 Fanuc 6m
    Hi Oliver,
    I can understand your situation.....
    But ....
    It is always a good idea to get the entire machine checked & troubleshooted by a experienced Technician....Once ...
    in order to ensure the smooth running.

We can provide you complete troubleshooting of your machine and put back your machine in operation.

kindly get back ....if you need any such service

parag.pitre@gmail.com
    whatsapp : +919404222266

thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

hello:

Pressure switch for reposition maybe faulty.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver_Matthews View Post
    Hi Any and all,

Please help.

- - - Updated - - -

Amada Pega 357 Fanuc 6m
    Did you get this machine running. 06 interlock maybe a autoindex not satisfied issue.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by AMADAJOE View Post
    hello:

Pressure switch for reposition maybe faulty.

We I had problem with dog timer on my PEGA 357, it was problem with hammer above punches, could not switch between 1,2,3 position ....