Need help with old System P Model G terminal

Thread: Need help with old System P Model G terminal

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Need help with old System P Model G terminal

Hi guys, I am a newb just starting to learn the earlier Fanuc Controls and have pieced together a 0MA, an OMC, and a 10TF. I am trying to learn to write/modify the ladder mainly for the operator panel and acquired the appropriate PG terminal. It powers on, and lights up some leds on the keyboard but there is no video. Nothing happens when I put in a disk and press and hold the load key. I can hear the high voltage section of the CRT working, and I can see the collapsing flash on the CRT screen when it powers down which leads me to believe the CRT is good. Power supply voltages all seem fine, looking at them with an oscope. I have reseated the socketed ICs to no avail. Is there anyone here familiar with these that could help me, or that has a working unit that could test my PCBs for me? Tennessee industrial has the boards, but they want $1500.00 for each one, and don't give any credit for the core.
    Best regards, and thanks in advance.
    I am located near Eau Claire, Wi

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help with old System P Model G terminal

We have such a system here that we don't need; send me a PM.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

regina: you sent me a PM but your CNCZone settings don't allow you to receive PM's so I can't reply. Set your settings to allow PMs then send me another message.....

Downloads
    Uploads

Final determination was the rear most board that failed. I checked the eproms, cleaned corrosion and changed out some cruddy sockets but nothing changed. I was unable to troubleshoot it further.
    Ended up having to buy a parts unit off ebay and scavenging the rear board from it. Swapped out the rear board from the parts unit and it is up and running. CRT on parts unit was dead.
    Thanks fordav11 for your help!!!!!!!!!