Need Help! Tsugami with a fanuc LH1 control

Thread: Tsugami with a fanuc LH1 control

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Tsugami with a fanuc LH1 control

I finally have my phase converter up and working and now need to zero return this machine (Tsugami BS19 with Fanuc LH1 control). It alarms on startup saying something to the effect of alarm 300 APC ZRN X axis and the Z axis and the A axis. I have run several fanuc controls over the years but its been a while since I touched one and this one has more buttons and things on it than is "normal" and to make it even better they all have pics instead of actually saying what they are so I am struggling... oh, did I mention I have almost no manuals for this?... does anyone know the procedure to do this? I do have a photo copy of how to reset the home position using keep relay #7 etc etc, but I couldn't even find the keep relay page and I am not sure If the home position needs to be reset... Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tsugami with a fanuc LH1 control

FANUC LH1 is not a valid control type. what year what the machine/control made?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I agree it isn't a conventional Fanuc control name but it is what it says on it. It was built in april of 2000. It is a tsugami BS19 panther series 2.

Tsugami with a fanuc LH1 control-img_2874-jpg

Tsugami with a fanuc LH1 control-img_2873-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

That is a 16 or 18 iA control. The 300 alarm is a machine alarm, not a control issue. It is possible that you have an incorrect parameter, but it is more likely to be a switch or similar issue.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hmm. My guess is that if it is possible to be a parameter then it is likely that. One of the two batteries in the back was dead, it seemed to be the battery that retained the home position coordinates. looking through my parameters, it is not all zeroes and one of the batteries was good so I am assuming that it was just the home position battery... Guess I will need to reset that and then maybe things will start looking up. I do have a photo copy of that procedure and I managed to hand jog all of the axis to their respective marks so I think I am on the right track. Does anybody have any kind of manual for this machine that would spell out what each button is and where to find the keep relay page etc? I am familiar with changing parameters and using the keep relay pages, I just couldn't find them last night for some reason. It has been too long and my memory isn't what it used to be I guess.

Downloads
    Uploads

To see the KEEPRELAYS you have to be on the PMC screen, then press the correct softkey. You can not change them unless PWE is set on the NC and PMC sides.

Downloads
    Uploads

You need to do a complete zero return. Most OEMs have their own procedures and you should contact them for a procedure.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah..... I guess I am going to have to. I tried to go through the procedure tonight but I CANNOT find a ZRN button/switch/softkey or anything anywhere. Most machines I think have a position on the mode switch for zero return, but this one doesn't. I tried the parameter 1815 APC/APZ procedure too and I got the alarms to go away, but I can't figure figure out how to actually make it do a zero return. The photo copied procedure I have says to:

"set the ZRN on the general purpose operators panel of the MAIN screen display to "ON"" Does anybody have any insight on translating that? Is this for a different machine maybe? it was in some notebooks marked for this machine but that doesn't necessarily mean it is ACTUALLY for this machine.... Thanks.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh. I guess if its actually an fanuc 18i series, I do have the yellow fanuc operators, and maintenance manual and a parameter manual too. I have 3 machines I picked up, and I guess they all appear to have a fanuc 18i control... I have a mori seiki that has a 518 label on it, so I am assuming it is a fanuc 18 but with a mori seiki spin on it?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

the software operators panel is under the OFFSET/SETTING screen. Hit right arrow, should be labeled OPR.