Need help replacing button

Thread: Need help replacing button

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need help replacing button

One of our VTL's has an inching mode for the chuck that's broken. It's a simple SPST momentary contact switch. My problem is that the operators never mentioned this to me until after the switch fell apart and pieces have been lost. It's a surface mount switch with 6 pins, but because I no longer have part of the button I have no way to tell which pins where contacted to inch the chuck.

My plan is to put a separate button on the control and connect the leads of the new switch to the pcb with some wire, but I don't know which pins I need to connect to. Is there a way to figure this out without shorting something out on the pcb and costing us a lot more money? Our reseller wants $1800 for the new membrane panel and pcb.

Thanks.